IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: New Site

Postby IBBoard at 12 May 2005, 21:19

I'm posting this in here so that you can get a preview, rather than making in a board-wide announcement already! The new forums are converted to phpBB and available at http://forums.hiveworldterra.co.uk. You should be able to log in using your username and password, but be warned that the styling isn't complete and that I might re-convert the forums again to get the latest posts before it all goes live.

So, comments please :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 13 May 2005, 04:31

Glad it's going smoothly. Could you use a darker colour for the background. Light hued backgrounds cause eye strain.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 May 2005, 07:12

I've found white is usually too glaring and strains my eyes, which is why I went for the light beige. I did a site that was a light creamy-yellow background, and actually got an email from a partially sighted person saying it was a great combination for them - was all just fluke though because it was the football team's colours! :D

I'll see what I can do about making it a bit darker though :) when I have the chance :\
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 May 2005, 12:29

I've made a very minor tweak to the normal table cell background colour now - it's a bit darker (less saturation to it) but still similar. Hope its a bit better on your eyes. Don't want to make it too dark though, because then the strain will be with a bleeding edge on the text (something I found when I went a little too dark)
I'll probably end up adding a dark/black skin later :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 May 2005, 15:24

As if you couldn't tell, the new site is now here :D I've still got things to tweak and clean up (and mods to install) but please give me your feedback :) especially on the scrolling large images :)