Sandwich's Wip [Camoflauge: last post]

Sandwichwarrior

Sandwich's Wip [Camoflauge: last post]

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 29 Apr 2005, 06:52

Hey guys,

Long time no see. IBBoard contacted me and in told me that you guys were up on this forum and invited me to join the party.

here's what i've been working on lately

its on the downloads page as Tiger Gravtank

I'm trying to decide on my next project (preferably Eldar) and am looking forward to any suggestions/feedback.

<!--EDIT|Sandwichwarrior|Apr 29 2005, 03:08 PM-->
Last edited by Sandwichwarrior on 29 Jun 2005, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Sandwich's Wip [Camoflauge: last post]

Postby IBBoard at 29 Apr 2005, 07:30

Have you not taken up the Aspect Warrior skinning challenge? Alternatively, if you want to stick with Grav Tanks, you could do a similar one but Biel Tan style with interweaved thorned branches instead of tiger stripes :) now if only I could find a picture *wanders off to look*

Oh, and tut tut posting a link to the DoWFiles download when I have it on my site too :D j/k

[edit] that was easy enough - first result for "biel tan falcon" on google image search! Or, alternatively GW have a "how to paint it" section - http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/details/1/

<!--EDIT|IBBoard|Apr 29 2005, 07:33 AM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sandwichwarrior

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 29 Apr 2005, 15:34

I think i will take up that challenge. I sorta want to do a Wraithlord, but I need some ideas first, just transfering the Tigerstripe pattern over feels a bit cheap.

[quote=IBBoard]tut tut posting a link to DoWFiles when I have it on my site too :D j/k[/quote]

That was bad form on my part, link replaced.

<!--EDIT|Sandwichwarrior|Apr 29 2005, 03:35 PM-->

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 29 Apr 2005, 17:00

Sandwhich Welcome aboard, <groan> that was a bad pun. Quite a collection of talent has begun to show up. This is good.

You should do the Viper. The children of Asurman have be woefully neglicted, as can be seen by your mad downloads over at DOWFiles. If you just shrink and reapply your skin to the Viper they will be chanting your name as the next Young King. The Aspect challenge is also a worthy endevour.

My 2 cents

P.S. Are you up to the Bitter Ash Flower challenge? When i fancied doing eldar skins I wanted to do this one

http://www.coolminiornot.com/59750

Sandwichwarrior

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 29 Apr 2005, 19:24

children of Asurman?

In the mean time my far cooler edition of the Eldar Guardian

its a quick and dirty based on a request from the Relic forums, Its so Q.A.D that i just copied and pasted the Camo_Spacemarine readme and deleted the space marine refs. ;) spot the one i missed.

http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Altern..._Guardian;41284

<!--EDIT|Sandwichwarrior|Apr 30 2005, 03:46 AM-->

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 May 2005, 10:19

Children of Asurman are the Eldar (Mel is obviously into the fluff as well as the skinning)
And I'll add that pattern either tonight or tomorrow - it's a bank holiday and I'm just fly-by-posting from my g/fs family's computer! Then, after the everything I need to add, I'll finally get back to work on my Quartered Marines, then my alternative Eldar (ones that allow for two of the Biel Tan schemes in a recent White Dwarf) and the Grimjaw Orks......and anything else I can randomly come up with that is fairly simple :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sandwichwarrior

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 03 May 2005, 04:31

I have taken up the challenge

http://img91.echo.cx/img91/3390/spider6gf.jpg Warp Spider in Saim Hann and Biel Tan colors

I'm looking you Mel and your superior knowledge, I want fluff-nazis to look at this and go DAMN.

Though that shouldn't preclude any one else from posting feedback
Last edited by Sandwichwarrior on 20 Jun 2005, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 May 2005, 10:00

Don't think Aspect Warriors usually have any of their Craftworld's colours on them (or not that I've ever noticed anyway) but they do look good :) I'll let Mel comment though, because he seems to know Eldar better than I do!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 May 2005, 20:18

Slowly scanning the 2nd Edition Codex Eldar - my scanner arrived today!
Warp Spiders and Dark Reapers: http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/images/...ctWarriors1.jpg
Howling Banshees: http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/images/...ctWarriors2.jpg

Thought there were more in the game, but apparently not. Sorry for the slant - not got much space around my scanner to fit the book in :D

<!--EDIT|IBBoard|May 3 2005, 08:48 PM-->

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 04 May 2005, 00:59

Sandwich,

I PM'ed you over at Relic Forums.

Basically IBBoard is dead on. Aspect Warriors operate independently from their Craftworld of origin, they are able to move from Craftworld to Craftworld as their warrior path leads them to battle.

Most of the eldar color schemes are represented on their vehicles, vipers, falcons and jetbikes. The basic guardians will have a simplified version of this on their armor.

I'll keep looking.

Mel

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 11 May 2005, 23:52

Ok. I've looked at both image maps in game. Looking good. :)
I like your use of the shrine symbol, I think for maximum fluff guru impact that webbing is the way to go. The RSH and maybe the MP version would probably do a little better if you used the web pattern over the Backpack section. People always associate webs with the Spiders, some kind of weird spiderman thing perhaps. :blink: I would suggest getting some webbing on them in a couple places, up to three areas. In the team colored version slaving the web to a color map would look cool.

Sandwichwarrior

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 18 May 2005, 19:51

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2005, 20:32

Saw them on Relic - they look cool :) That Banshee seems to be in some odd poses though!

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 20 May 2005, 05:08

This is good stuff Sandwich. The Eldar players are in for a real treat. I think the Banshee is really cool. You could do the whole race some justice...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 May 2005, 15:23

Yeah, the colours all look right, with the second Banshee in the first pic being about perfect for normal colouring.

One thing with the Warp Spider - what is the writing on its chest? it looks almost Tau-ish from that screenie :\

Next