Headshot Wip

Multimadman

RE: Headshot Wip

Postby Multimadman at 17 Apr 2005, 15:56

Here is a wip dread which was made by my cousin, I am currently working on some fur on his shoulder.

By the way, IBB, I read around at hive world terra the main site and are you the same guy that painted the ork army ? If so, awsome man !!

multi

<!--EDIT|Multimadman|Apr 18 2005, 08:33 PM-->

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Apr 2005, 17:41

Yeah, thats my army :) Think I've got a few more mobs painted (don't know if I have my Lootas on there and I remember wanting to update my Slugga boyz since I updated them with the new models, but can't remember if I ever did!) This and the one at dowfiles.com are pretty much a one-man-site. My brother (TGSC on the forums, formerly Warmaster Horus) did a few things for his armies, but I don't think they got transferred from the old static HTML because he wanted to update them.

I like the texture though - different to anything I've seen before, but in-keeping with the Space Wolves :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Multimadman

Postby Multimadman at 20 Apr 2005, 19:56

Here's another model we gave a haulover.. the predator, with new paint scheme, nasty teeth and a furry turret...

I'll be off on vacation to China for 2 weeks as from the day after tmow, see you later !!

multi

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Apr 2005, 07:35

Great work :) Is this all team colourable or is it a fixed Space Wolf skin? and enjoy the holiday!
China - now there's a more unusual holiday location :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Multimadman

Postby Multimadman at 21 Apr 2005, 20:14

Yes, all our skins are made for the army painter. We have however chosen not to use the color scheme as in the original game. Most of the original skins remain but we do add a lot of typical space wolves details. (like the fur, which can not be team colored since it is on the default.tga).

I have a chinese wife, hende the location for my holiday...
Laterz !!
mutli

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Apr 2005, 20:41

Team colourable wolf skins - now that could be interesting :D

Multimadman

Postby Multimadman at 21 Apr 2005, 21:41

As a tt painter and player of the original game what would you say if we released a camo recon unit and landspeeder (see below) ?

Is it to much out of the ordinary ?

multi

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 22 Apr 2005, 19:34

I saw go for it. I think as a recon unit they would use camo. Are you going to do the scouts a little more wolf-like? Great look so far.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Apr 2005, 19:19

Personally, with the 4th edition of the rules, I'd say that yeah, Space Marines can have cammo and would consider it acceptable. What isn't right in the fluff is any of the main chapters using cammo - they've all been defined by GW and although they may have deviations from the Codex (Space Wolves being the most extreme with organising troop type by age and having 13 Great Companies instead of 10) none of the main ones use cammo (except the occasional scout's pants).

That shouldn't stop you doing a cammo skin :) just saying that it isn't in the fluff of the 10+ remaining First Founding chapters or the vast majority of the named chapters.