IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Ibboard's Wip

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jul 2005, 14:51

Thanks to Hangar-8 I've got a few banners and a badge made (no where near his quality, but much better than I'd normally do, thanks to his tips) that I'll be releasing soon - two alternatives to a Chaos Star/Undivided banner plus a badge, and a new Crimson Fists banner like the Sergeant in the 4th Edition rulebook's Marine Gallery (Crimson Fist in a white circle with a crimson diagonal stripe behind it and a blue background).

I've also got the Eldar Guardian about done (see the specific Eldar thread) and I've just quickly modified the Alt Pattern so that it's a Mentor Legion pattern (complete with company - i.e. trim - coloured stripe down the helmet :) ) which will be released soon - maybe after the weekend. There's a tiny amount of colour bleed in the stripe and it's only the top of the ridge for now, because I can't find the sides, but I'll look into it and see if I can fix it before release.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Jul 2005, 14:07

The Mentor Legion has now been released (complete with reskins of the Force Commander, Terminator and Dreadnought as well), as has a Masked Marine set that was based on a request for something resembling the Storm Troopers from Star Wars but ended up looking vicious and Hannibal-esque :D

As for the eldar - I've still got to do the extra work on those! Oh well, at least I'm cleaning out some of the other easier ideas :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Sep 2005, 15:57

OK, I've now got three variations on the Orks with Checks: Black checks, Black and White checks and Team Colourable checks :)

Not sure what else I might have missed in the mean time, but I've got a few more textures I released since the last post as well - too many lists and places to update things :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Oct 2005, 12:50

A quick announcement before I get them screenshotted and packaged - I've nearly completed some 'Feral Orks'. There are a couple of very minor graphical issues with them (two pixels of a spike I can't get rid of, which are only visible from a very low level, and a strange black stripe across the shoulders, plus a bad join somehow seems a little more obvious now) but otherwise I'm about happy with it now :)

The main idea is that the Orks are made more feral by removing some of the armour - belly plates are gone (except on the vehicles, where there isn't a layer of clothing below it!) as are shoulder pads and those metal bars across the shoulders. The Big Mek has also lost his metal jaw and welding mask, with the main body of the big barrel on his back (not sure what it is!) being replaced with wood.

I've just got to check that there aren't any other more obvious bugs when playing in-game, but hopefully people will like them :)

[edit] OK, they're now released - go get the Feral Ork Texture Pack!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2005, 11:37

Hmmmmmmm, I should probably keep this list a bit more up to date!

I've just added a Chaos banner and badge set to my site in the style of Beorg's Bearmen. The Bearmen are actually a Warhammer Fantasy regiment, but they fit nicely as a branch of Chaos because of their werebear tendancies!

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 24 Oct 2005, 22:52

Nice work with the Bearmen, at last a B&B set thats not Space Marine or IG :lol:

You should do a HWT B&B set, or have you already?

*rushes off to check*
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Oct 2005, 07:18

Nope, nothing yet :D Guess I could rummage around for theHiveWorldTerra 'hive' from the logo and use that, but I never really thought about it as a base to work from!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2005, 21:11

OK, more work is now underway. It could very easily be delayed by various University assignments, but I am currently working on what I'm calling "Clean Space Marines".

If you look at the majority of GW models, the Space Marines are in pristine condition without a chip in their armour. This makes sense to me because they worship (almost) their armour and maintain it to the maximum. The skin will eventually remove all of the paint chips. For now I'm just tackling the Space Marine and Sergeants though!

Screenshots will hopefully be up soon, just as an example of what they look like (and a lot of people probably won't tell the difference!) So far the Dirt and most of the Weapons layer has been cleaned up. I just need to finish the Weapons, do the Trim, Primary and Secondary (although some very very basic bits of those have been done already). Hours work so far: about 2 tonight, one or two a previous night and a couple more when I first started the skin at the start of September!

[edit] OK, here are the images. Sorry for the lack of thumbnails.

So, opinions?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Dec 2005, 11:26

OK, so I'll ignore the complete lack of opinions!

The rest of the skin went well, especially after I worked out a better way to clean them up. They're now released as Clean Space Marines :)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 10 Dec 2005, 01:46

Just a comment about the clean marines, the picture http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/image ... Bolter.jpg doesn't match the thumbnail

EDIT: Also I got to play with the projector tonight in my first training session :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Dec 2005, 09:33

Fixed, although :P trust you to give the only comment and find a mistake!

I'm slightly worried about them letting you near potentially expensive equipment like a projector, though :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jan 2006, 20:53

OK, so I keep completely forgetting about this thread!

I've just put together the Saim-Hann-style Vyper tonight and released that. I'm sure I've done other work in the middle too, so I think I'll abandon this thread and lock it. If I need any opinions or help, I'll post new threads :) other than that, just watch the Skins@HWT News.

Thread lockage - just because I don't get to use my admin powers enough :D

Previous