IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Mel_Danes [Force Commander Last Post: 6-23-05]

Postby IBBoard at 26 Aug 2005, 18:43

Yeah, I've got the 1st edition rule book and its amazing what they've changed over time. I'm not so keen on the 1st edition background, it ends up too cartoony most of the time.

Second and Third/Fourth edition background seems much better, especially for the LotD (I think I like 2nd best - spectral wraiths that just turn up and fight :))
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 26 Aug 2005, 22:19

Ahh the good ol' Rouge Trader rule book. I like 'The Age Of The Imperium' section most. The Squats were still in the game, so were vampires and the Slann empire. And there were 13 know Tyranid hive fleets on the west of the galaxy....now they're on the east. :shock:

And the cover art by John Sibbick is a classic bit of GW art.

Hmmm think i'm giving my age away with all this reminiscing. :lol:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Sep 2005, 20:23

I'm in the middle or mirroring your early work now, Mel_Danes (I don't like to shorten it to "Mel" :D). I notice you'd made just about all of them v0.5s, with comments about improving them later - are you going to be held to that? :D

Don't go looking for them all yet, though, I've got quite a few to add! Probably going to be time to go to bed before I finish :D I've also still got to make thumbnails, so links to your screenshots (which I always think are good enough to use straight off without me making replacements) are just text for now.

[edit] ok, maybe I will make it :) all of your work should now be mirrored. Screenshots are available, but thumbnails will be either tomorrow, Sunday or possibly even Monday.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 02 Sep 2005, 22:33

I am up to my arse in voice work right now. Trying to get the Steel Legion to sound good.

As for my name/screen name well Mel Danes is my real name. I go by Mel in the real word. People call my father Melvin and I am Mel. Lame I know, I've dealt with being every nerd and dork in cinema for years. Yeah!

>>End rant mode<<

Most assuredly sir.
I fully intend to redo all my previous works. I am hoping to use them in my Photoshop course in university, ha, ha graded for fun! It may be a few weeks to get to this but I will do it.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Sep 2005, 10:18

Cool :) I was more mentioning it as a point of something I spotted instead of adding to your work load :D I should probably redo the Halved Marines at some point - the skin isn't as good as it could be in some places, and the Quartered skin fixed some of the bits I seem to have missed in the Halved.

As for the name, I'll know I can just use Mel in future :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Oct 2005, 09:45

Any updates on new/updated skins? :) or are you still working on the various mods and too busy for 'exclusive' releases?

abusage

Postby abusage at 12 Oct 2005, 14:44

I love all your skins Mel but I was wondering if there is a way to use these (say legion of damned space marines) without the same pattern being applied to every space marine. When I play any space marine they all have the flames and such patterns. My main question is if you can have the legion of the damned then all the normal space marine patterns separate or if you change the pattern it has to apply to all of that race. Thanks

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2005, 14:49

Unfortunately it's a restriction with the Relic gaming engine - if you change the skin for one army then you change the skin for all armies of the same race.

The only way to get around it is to create a mod with a 'cloned' race that has all of the same stats, but copies of the models and uses the new skins. This is actually what I'm working on with my Halved Space Marine Mod, only for my Halved Space Marine texture and not Mel's LotD :D

abusage

Postby abusage at 12 Oct 2005, 14:59

Even with what you are doing IBB, that will only work by enabling a MOD and playing single player correct?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2005, 19:40

Not quite. Yes it will only work with enabling a Mod, but it won't be single player only. As long as the other people in the game also have the mods installed and enabled then you'll be able to play online as well :)

Previous