Knights of Blood badge request

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Knights of Blood badge request

Postby chaos at 21 Nov 2010, 01:53

hi, im quite new here so im quite nervous and i was wondering if anyone could make a juggernaut,daemon of khorne badge for my knights of blood chaos space marine scheme.

just in case you guys dont know how the badge looks like click the link http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Blood_Knights_Chaos_icon.JPG

I'll take any start offs or starting pictures or i donno how you guys call it :?

[IBBoard: Edited to merge posts and remove hotlinked images]
Last edited by chaos on 21 Nov 2010, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Knights of Blood badge request

Postby IBBoard at 21 Nov 2010, 13:29

You'll probably have more luck asking an Hangar-8's forums (which is where you're hotlinking images from - which is bad practice and not very polite) as there are more badge makers around there. There are a few more people on there who can generally help. It should be fairly easy to get a basic badge based on the image in the link that you posted - just trace over it on a new layer, or paint out the background, then re-paint it in black and you've got a simple version.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby chaos at 22 Nov 2010, 09:59

id love to but i tried to register in Hangar-8's forum but i cant Mr Admin

and sorry i just thought the userbars were cool and stuff
and btw i dont know how to make the badge to a tga file sir

[IBBoard: Edited to merge posts]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Nov 2010, 19:18

Firstly, this is a forum - if you want to edit/add to what you said shortly after saying it then please use the edit button rather than double posting.

Secondly, the user bars are there for people to use (that's what a signature is for) but hotlinking them (i.e. copying and pasting the URL from someone else's site and using it on another site for your own purposes) uses up the bandwidth of the original site. As far as I'm aware then Hangar-8's user bars were made for people to use, but you need to host it yourself (e.g. ImageShack or similar).

Back on topic...I didn't realise Hangar-8 had closed registration, but I just tried and it seems he has.

Making a badge is no different than making any other kind of image. TGA is just a file format, and most reasonable editors support it (i.e. Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, The Gimp, etc). I've got a basic badge-making tutorial on Skins@HWT. All that you need to do to make it a .tga is to pick "Targa image" (or whatever the app calls it) when you save it, make sure that it is uncompressed and the full 32-bit colour depth. If it comes out at about 16KB then you did it right. If it is significantly smaller then you need to try saving it again with some different settings.

Hope that helps.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby chaos at 23 Nov 2010, 13:08

gee, Thanks Mr. Admin :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2010, 20:44

I've been a bit listless with regards projects for the past few of days (probably not helped by having been ill for a couple of them) so I decided to give the badge a go rather than trying to settle into something more major.

Here's a quick copy of the icon, which took about an hour or so to sketch out and tidy up. I'm not a great artist (I'm a programmer really) but it looks reasonable enough as a base. Feel free to take it and modify it or improve it if you want - just credit me if you release it anywhere.

[img]http://ibboard.co.uk/temp/Blood_Knights_Badge.jpg[/img]

The TGA (which I've not tested) is here and the source image is here (XCF format)

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby chaos at 01 Dec 2010, 12:50

OMG IBB so awesome thx alot mr admin sir

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Dec 2010, 19:04

No problem, it was just something quick that I whipped up. It could be improved a lot, but it gets the basic impression and is probably close enough for 90% of a normal game.

chaos
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby chaos at 28 Dec 2010, 14:20

Oh IBB just in-case you want to know the scheme color:

Primary: 49-48-48

Secondary: 144-44-44

Trim: 144-44-44

Weapon: 49-48-48