Adding helmets to Dark Eldar Syrabites

chrisvx930
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Adding helmets to Dark Eldar Syrabites

Postby chrisvx930 at 29 Dec 2009, 02:10

Can anyone do this? I wanted to know if someone could put helmets on the warrior and scourge syrabites for Dark Eldar, and If the archon could have a helmet with a faceplate like in the codex. I also wondered if anyone could remove the 2 girls on the Dais. Thanks for any help I can get!

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby stfas at 29 Dec 2009, 03:13

that is done with modelling, not skinning.

chrisvx930
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Postby chrisvx930 at 29 Dec 2009, 04:05

but can anyone do it? and is it possible just to copy the normal warrior and scourge files and then replace and rename the files for the syrabites?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Dec 2009, 09:47

As stfas said, it is a modelling change and not a skinning change, so it isn't relevant to this thread (I'll break it out in a minute). That's not to say it isn't possible, just that it isn't something that the people here do.

In theory you can copy the helmet from the warrior to the other models, but it would need retexturing and re-rigging. Re-using the warrior model would require even more work as most of the weapons and animations wouldn't match and would need completely re-working. People have added new helmets to the Space Marines, though, so it can be done with the right tools.

[edit] Just split the topic and noticed you made a second request in there. Removing the girls from the dais may be possible with a texture by making them invisible, but some models don't have all of the required surfaces and so not all parts can be made invisible.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)