"beakies"

scorpiomikey
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

"beakies"

Postby scorpiomikey at 01 Apr 2009, 01:21

Im not a modder, and after reveiwing a few of the boards here ive retty much decided for me this would be in the too hard basket, but im sure someone out there can do it. ive always been fond of the old "beakie" style armour (Mk6 Corvus Armour) and i was thinking it would look quite cool in DOW. Anyone up for the challange? or are there any mods in progress for it?

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: "beakies"

Postby stfas at 01 Apr 2009, 14:21

aren't there models that has randomization with a beakie helmet?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Apr 2009, 18:49

As stfas said, there are already mods that do this (helped by some guys on the RelicNews forums that produced a load of Marine variants). There's a copy on FileFront if you get in quick before it closes, or failing that someone needs to remember what the mod was called that had them in!

As for the people round here, changing the Marines to Beakie helmets is a modelling change rather than just a texture change*, so it isn't really anything we can help with.

* so it involves extracting the model, converting it to 3D Studio Max format, editing it, exporting it, re-linking it with its animations, a couple of tweaks with some special Dawn of War tools, then re-use, where as texture changes require extracting the texture, editing it, recompiling it and using it.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

scorpiomikey
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

Postby scorpiomikey at 01 Apr 2009, 22:25

sweet, cheers...now to find the tutorial to axtract the models, i lurve 3ds, so perty