Deathwing Dude
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

Help please

Postby Deathwing Dude at 06 Feb 2009, 20:41

Hi everyone,

As you can tell from the title I need some help with putting different mods in soulstorm. All I want to do is put a Crimson Fists WTP file from HWT on the game. I had no trouble putting mods on the first games but when I go into the files on SS, they all seem to be empty, E.G W40K> Data> BLANK. Its the same with the DXP2 file.

There is probably a simple explanation to this, but I don't know enough about modding to know whether the files made for DOW can go on SS, or theirs something im missing.

any help would be much appreciated :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Help please

Postby IBBoard at 07 Feb 2009, 10:23

If folders don't exist then you need to create them. All versions of the game and all expansion packs will work if you put them under the W40K folder as that's the first place it looks for files.

Also, textures aren't really mods. Mods are anything with a .module file that needs to be enabled from the Game Manager. Mods can have a few more problems than textures since textures are either in the right place and the right format and so they load, or they're not in the right place and so they don't load, or they're not in the right format and so the model goes pink.

FAQ on folders for textures
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Deathwing Dude
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

Re: Help please

Postby Deathwing Dude at 07 Feb 2009, 14:09

Thanks for the advice, ill have a go at putting the crimson fist folder in the data file and see what happens.

EDIT: after some trial and error, I made the files and its all working. Thanks for the help :)