Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

RSH ISSUE

Postby Seaglen at 28 Sep 2008, 19:44

hello all.

i have just made a specularity map for the howling banshee rsh file i had, but when i look ingame, the model has reverted back to the team colourable one (although the specularity still shows up).

any ideas why the rsh of the non team colourable banshee has been replaced with TC version, and spec still shows?

many thanks

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: RSH ISSUE

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2008, 12:37

Effects like Specularity always show over the top of team colouring, if a WTP file exists.

The way that the "disable team colouring" function of the Texture Tool works is to mangle one of the paths in the RSH file that tells it where the WTP is. Because it can't find it then it drops back to just the RSH. When you build an RSH it builds it from scratch and recreates the paths within the file as the valid paths, so it'll load the WTP again.

All you should need to do is just use the "make non-team colourable" function from the "Advanced" section of the Texture Tool (I can't remember what the button's name was, but it should hopefully be obvious enough :) )
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Postby Seaglen at 30 Sep 2008, 20:48

Aha! thank you IBBoard.

that was the issue.
i may have some new fx for you guys soon, as long as relicforums delivers on a query about the plasma effects

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Oct 2008, 12:41

Glad you fixed it. Sounds promising on the effects - I'm sure there'll be lots of people wanting to improve their graphics as the game gets older and their rig gets better :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 03 Oct 2008, 18:15

i know! lets hack the engine. *eye roll* yeeeeeah.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Oct 2008, 10:39

No need to hack the engine (although it does have some limits that it's optimised towards, like 512x512 textures), just make better quality textures like Hangar-8 and others, better quality banners like Hangar-8 and others, cool new effects like Seaglen and others, and higher res models like some of the mod teams :)