Object Editor - Map Banners

DJKAHUNA
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Object Editor - Map Banners

Postby DJKAHUNA at 09 Sep 2008, 16:32

Ok so I have a question and I have searched high and low for the answer to no avail.

I am trying to figure out how to reskin the banners in game. NOT the player banners, but the IG banners on the side of buildings on the levels. I thought it would be awesome to make a homeplanet stage for my beloved Confederate 4th Infantry IG. Having the banner matching my army's banner would be neat-o keen. I figured all I would need is to reskin the object without having to manipulate it's 3d ness. Is there a way or do I need the 3ds max? THANKS!

The New Guy - DJKAHUNA
[><] FEAR ME - BUT FOLLOW! [><]

DJKAHUNA
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Re: Object Editor - Map Banners

Postby DJKAHUNA at 10 Sep 2008, 03:41

OK - ive taken a banner from the SGA texture file. Urban / Dressing / Banner_03

I edited it in GIMP and now I have converted it back to an RSH file and im trying to get it into the game. How do I do this? Im clueless! So close yet so far!
[><] FEAR ME - BUT FOLLOW! [><]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Object Editor - Map Banners

Postby IBBoard at 10 Sep 2008, 18:38

As you've found then the way to change textures for terrain is changing the RSH file. All you should need to do to get it working is leave the file in the location it was extracted to (as most of the SGA extractor apps default to the correct location). The game loads any files in the folder structures (e.g. "data/art/races/orks/texture_shared" or whatever the path is) in preference to files in the same path within the SGA.

If that isn't working then either you've put the file in the wrong place or you've not edited the correct file. If the file is in the correct location then to test if it is the correct file you need to replace it with an invalid file (e.g. move the file somewhere else and create a text file of the same name that you type some junk in to). Since the file is invalid then the game should lose all texturing for it and show a nice shade of bright pink!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)