Problem with FC in DC

istar47
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Problem with FC in DC

Postby istar47 at 07 May 2008, 20:47

I was recently going through the forums after downloading Mel Danes' Legion of the Damned Force Commander, and came across this.

IBBoard wrote:There's no problems with DC, whether patched or not. The only potential problems are the odd commander skin, as the new equipment means that some of the old textures are no-longer used but can be re-named to make the DoW version DC compatible.

I was wondering what I would have to rename it to in order to get it to work in DC.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Problem with FC in DC

Postby stfas at 08 May 2008, 07:58

force_commander_tgd_unit_default is what you are supposed to rename it too

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 May 2008, 18:07

Thanks for that, stfas. I thought it involved "tgd" in the filename compared to the original, but I couldn't remember where. I think the SS FC might have a slightly different file name again (Hangar-8 released another hotfix when SS was released and IIRC he had about eight potential textures for the FC!)

[edit] I've just checked and it looks like DC needs "_tgd" and Soulstorm needs the same plus a "2" later on.

Dawn of War used "force_commander_unit_default.wtp".
Dark Crusade introduced "force_commander_tgd_unit_default.wtp" and an additional "force_commander_tgd_war_gear_default.wtp" for the new wargear.
Soulstorm then added "force_commander_tgd_unit2_default.wtp" and a matching "force_commander_tgd_unit2_default.wtp".

There's also a "force_commander_default.wtp" in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, but I don't know where that's used, and there's a "force_commander_unit_war_gear.wtp" that would imply it is a DoW one (because it doesn't have "tgd" in it) but DoW never used wargear.

And that's why Hangar-8 ended up confused and with so many textures ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

istar47
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Postby istar47 at 08 May 2008, 21:44

Sweet, it works now. Thanks for the help guys!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 May 2008, 10:33

I'll try and get it in to an FAQ at some point. If I take too long, can someone give me a nudge and remind me?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)