How do you make a skin

Iceman5549
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

2%

How do you make a skin

Postby Iceman5549 at 26 Mar 2008, 01:54

My question, like the title, is what do you need to do to skin a Dawn of war model (such as programs and procedures). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: How do you make a skin

Postby stfas at 26 Mar 2008, 11:38

you need to first extract the skins from (folder name, these are the folder names: dxp2, w40k, wxp)data-sharedtexture-full.sga then use a extractor (ibboards texture tool for example) and then you need to edit and make them wtp again, there you got it (as good as i can do anyways)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: How do you make a skin

Postby IBBoard at 27 Mar 2008, 08:53

Firstly, wrong forum. We've got a forum for DoW skinning that I'll move this to.

Secondly, try the tutorials. If you're more technical, don't need all the little details and want to know what things do then there's my Modifying Patterns tutorial. If you want something a bit more 'beginner-y' then there's Skinning 4 Dummies that Sandwichwarrior wrote after he first learned to skin.

To extract files from the SGA archives I recommend my SGA Explorer. The only tool that is compatible with all of the DoW textures is my Dawn of War Texture Tool.

On top of that you need a graphics package (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, The Gimp, or anything that can handle DDS) and you're set to go.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)