Where can I find IG+SM speculation maps?

inklimited
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

Where can I find IG+SM speculation maps?

Postby inklimited at 12 Mar 2008, 05:28

Yeh, like the title says. I can't find the spec maps at skins.hiveworldterra. I've looked through all the IG and SM skins, mods, and any area which begins with "I" or "S".
Where they removed? Plz say no... :(

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Where can I find IG+SM speculation maps?

Postby stfas at 12 Mar 2008, 06:07

they we're never uploaded to skin.hiveworldterra

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Mar 2008, 19:40

There were some specularity maps for some of the races (from MegaZOGG) once upon a time, but he had some personal issues with some re-use and asked me to take them down. Since then he never (that I remember) asked for them to be put back up and so I haven't hosted them.

Also, this has nothing to do with being a newbie, so I'll move it to its correct home in the Textures forum.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

inklimited
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

6%

Postby inklimited at 13 Mar 2008, 10:11

I thought I was doing a noobi thing, so that's where I put it. :clap: Kinda made sense at the time.

Do you know if MegaZOGG has his own site, or anywhere else they might be hosted? I've already searched filefront.com.

Rhetorical question: Why are people so touchy about thier skins? 99% are just pictures they copied off someone else anyway.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 13 Mar 2008, 11:12

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Mar 2008, 17:22

Thanks for finding that link, stfas.

As for the rhetorical question, to make it non-rhetorical then it's because the files aren't mainly "just pictures...copied off someone else". Every texture takes time, and even some of my simpler sets have taken hours (I don't have a clue how long I spent making the Halved and Quartered Marines textures and all they involve at a basic level is move sections between layers).

Yes, some of the textures are minor changes, but it's still work and people (including myself) don't see why some other lazy individual can't put in the tiny amount of effort to ask permission to re-use something, never mind the extra effort they'd have had to put in if the textures didn't already exist.

Try going to Hangar-8 and saying "your work is mainly just pictures copied from somewhere else" ;) Yes, he's generous and generally lets people re-use his work because Relic did the base work that he just (greatly) improve, but he still put hour upon hour in to those textures.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)