IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

UberPainter mod for Soulstorm

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2008, 13:11

It has been a work in progress since mid-February (working on the demo) but the UberPainter will soon be coming to Soulstorm. The Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle troops and vehicles are already in there, and it should be working as a mod. Buildings will be added soon, as will the new fliers for the existing races.

The mod is currently with Hangar-8 for testing.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Seaglen
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

90%

Re: UberPainter mod for Soulstorm

Postby Seaglen at 09 Mar 2008, 15:09

Hello IBBoard. that mod would be ace, as its really hard to work on the soulstorm stuff at the moment!

i'm currently working on a new force commander for soulstorm, but he's proving really hard to do, as the skin seems to be split up over many different files. i cannot seem to find the file for his shoulder pads and gloves for skirmish games, as there seems to be different files for different aspects, such as one for the main menu screen and one for parts of him in skirmish!
all very confusing!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2008, 15:34

Hangar-8 has said that the new FC is split over more textures than ever before. From what I remember of the DC main menu then those textures are in another folder (UI/front_end, IIRC). The original DoW and WA used the same textures as in-game, but DC didn't. The shoulder pads should be around in the texture_share folder, but I've not had a chance to look for them yet.

From what I've managed to find out from people who have Soulstorm (I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but I'm working on the demo) then the old UberPainter for DC may work as-is if you put it in your Soulstorm folder. It won't add the new units and it won't expand the new races, but it might help a bit.

The mod itself is getting there now. All of the old races have their extra models (or should do - I just get to see pink cubes for a lot of them). The only thing left is adding the buildings for DE and SoB and then testing.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2008, 21:15

An updated version with the DE and SoB units is now in a private area for Hangar-8 and some of his forum's senior members to test. Hopefully it should be released to everyone else tomorrow.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Mar 2008, 20:03

In case people don't keep updated with the Skins@HWT news page (there's even an RSS feed ;) ) the UberPainter mod has now been release for Soulstorm!

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 11 Mar 2008, 15:08

great IBBoard!