Texture problems in Dark Crusade

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

RE: Texture problems in Dark Crusade

Postby stfas at 24 Sep 2007, 15:47

[img ]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/11/relic00003hq6.jpg[/img ]<--guardsmen
[img ]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1579/relic00002to5.jpg[/img ]<--karshkin (named inquistorial shocktrooper)

edit: rofl bbcode is off again >.<

[edit by IBBoard: Images disabled for being almost 1.5MB each]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Sep 2007, 16:44

So the textures are loading now, then?

Also, can you please reduce your images. 1.4MB is far too large to put in the body of a post.

I'll try to fix the BBCode issue now - it looks like the permissions for this forum have been a bit funny.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 24 Sep 2007, 16:52

actually for some reason its just that guardsmen gets replaced somehow >.<

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Sep 2007, 16:56

*looks confused* Both of those appear to be using a new texture (some form of digital camo). That implies you've got the texture loading and working. You were saying before that it didn't show up.

Is it working now? Or were you expecting some other behaviour? And if you were expecting some other behaviour then exactly what were you expecting?

If you don't say exactly what you were expecting then the rest of us can only guess at what you were trying to do and so probably end up giving you the wrong answers.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 24 Sep 2007, 17:15

no its not working now either v.v

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Sep 2007, 17:42

me wrote:And if you were expecting some other behaviour then exactly what were you expecting?

If you don't say exactly what you were expecting then the rest of us can only guess at what you were trying to do and so probably end up giving you the wrong answers.

That isn't the normal texture. Since it isn't the normal texture then some other texture is being loaded. Since some other texture is being loaded then you must have some texture in the correct place. If the texture that is in the correct place is not the texture that you want then there is a problem. If there is a problem then you need to tell us, in detail what the problem is.

The most difficult, if not impossible, problem to diagnose and fix is the "it's not working" problem. "It's not working when I put X in folder Y and it's still showing me the original texture" is fixable. "It's not working when I put X in folder Y and it's showing me A which is in folder B" is fixable. "It's not working" is fixable, but only after we know what "not working" means and what the correct state of "working" is.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 24 Sep 2007, 19:03

ill just hex edit to look which texture it uses...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Sep 2007, 06:12

Why hex edit? That just complicates things and the wrong hex-edit will end up reverting it back to the RSH texture.

The easier solution is to look in W40K/data/art/.../texture_share, DXP2/data/art/.../texture_share, yourmod/data/art/.../texture_share and the same path in any other folder of any other mod that your mod requires.

Since the texture in the images isn't the standard texture and you don't seem to think that it is the correct texture (although you've never told us what 'correct' is) then that means the texture is being loaded from one of the other folders. If you find which folder then you can just delete it and see if it stops overriding the 'correct' texture.

Finally, since you've not shrunk your images down from 1.4MB then I've disabled them. If you want to show them then either crop and compress them (you could easily get them down to 70KB) or link to them with a warning that they're ridiculously huge.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 25 Sep 2007, 13:30

the correct texture is without the marking on the guardsmen like the karshkin texture uses, it was made by iron_father on hangar-8's site

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Sep 2007, 06:17

I've not seen the texture so I don't know how it works and how it should look, but did you have a digital camo texture before you installed Iron_Father's textures? The reason I ask is because the symbols look like they've been partly painted over, which could mean that it's just your bright red colour scheme where the texture doesn't work (unless I'm just not remembering the original texture correctly).

Basically, I need to know what the texture is like without Iron_Father's texture in the folder (which is probably the one that's pending on Skins@HWT) and what it looks like without it. And if it is digital camo without it in the folder then what happens when you remove the digital camo from the other folder and what happens when you remove the digital camo and add Iron_Father's texture?

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 26 Sep 2007, 18:32

hmm its on non-cadian guardsmen in modifications part of hangar-8's forums

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Sep 2007, 06:10

Okay, lets try this in small steps:

1) What do you see when you remove Iron Father's texture? Is it the default texture or is it the same one as you posted above?

2) If it is the one you posted above then what do you see when you remove it? It should be the default texture, and it should be in one of the other folders (W40K, DXP2 or whichever other folders your mod requires and will be loading data from)

3) What do you see when you add Iron Father's texture back in after you have done step two? Is it back to Iron Father's texture or is it still the default texture?

Other important questions that could affect things:

4) What mods are you requiring and do they change the Guard race?

5) Have you changed the Guard model (WHM/WHE) or RSH texture?

Throughout all of this I'm assuming that you haven't changed the race in any way and that it's just a problem of the file not being in the right place rather than the file being in right/wrong place and the models looking in a non-standard place. If that assumption is incorrect then you haven't made it clear so far.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 27 Sep 2007, 13:47

ill try the updated ver at my dad i forgot to dl it here >.< might work here

Previous