Black Orcs and Cave Squigs WARNING: quite a few pictures

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Black Orcs and Cave Squigs WARNING: quite a few pictures

Postby TGSC at 19 Jul 2005, 12:40

Since I'm probably starting gaming again when I go back to uni after summer, I'm painting/re-painting my old O&G army to get them looking like a coherent force.

First six repainted black orcs, been given a bit of bulk around the middle with greenstuff, helps them look a bit more like the new bulky black orcs:

Warpaint:

Remodelled weapons to add a bit of variation, mostly made of greenstuff. I might do some weapon swaps if I can stick them on securely

Cave squigs 1:

and 2:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Black Orcs and Cave Squigs WARNING: quite a few pictures

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jul 2005, 14:44

Cool. The weapon re-models look good - although I'd watch yourself on those cocktail stick ends! Nice variety in the war paint as well. One thing you could do is to give the weapons a coat of Armour Wash or something - just so that they're not such a clean silver.

The new squig looks insane, and the white works quite well. The teeth and gums look like they're well done as well - that little attention to them helps clean them up. As with most models, I think they'd look even better if you based them - somehow it just ends up bringing them all together :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 19 Jul 2005, 16:29

The black orcs dont look as shiny IRL, its just the camera. They're darker than the way they paint the new models anyway.

Finished the other four squigs off (front row)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 20 Jul 2005, 14:49

lookin good..