Force CMD-In need of ideas

Librarian Rannos

Force CMD-In need of ideas

Postby Librarian Rannos at 05 Jun 2005, 10:28

Hi.This is the first time to post something here.I'm thinking of creating my own model of Force cmd. and-therefore- I'm looking for ideas.Right now I'm thinking of using legs from a dark eldar warior,the right hand will be taken by devastator captain,a piece of cloth for cloak and another one for the banner[however I'm thinking of not having a banner included],the left hand will be taken [and converted] from the standard sergeant of a tactical squad,the sword from a chapter champion of the command squad,the left shoulder pad will have the crux terminatus[terminator honours] or perhaps a conversion of the chapter champion's shoulder pad.Some blades from the dark eldar sprue will be added.The head will probably will be also taken from the chapter champion and converted.The backpack will be standard SM-ish however thingies like skulls and eagle heads will be added from spare chainswords.The basic armor[chest plate,back] will be taken from spare standard armor of space marines origin.I'll post some pictures when I start it.Actually it'll take some time cause I'm giving finals and I need to gather some money for those dark eldars...Waiting for ideas and after the first images feedback.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Force CMD-In need of ideas

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jun 2005, 12:22

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting idea to combine races, but I'm not so sure how well Dark Eldar legs would work with the bulk of a Space Marine body. It might help me imagine it if you could post links to the GW online shop for parts you're planning to use :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 06 Jun 2005, 09:11

For the devastator sergeant arm:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

For the command squad[the chapter champion is the guy with the golden helmet]: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

The Crux Terminatus shoulder pad: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

The Dark Eldar Warriors url: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

As for the tactical squad I'll use the older models and therefore I can't provide you with an url.However they aren't very different from the current except that they don't have so big purity seals.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jun 2005, 09:36

Are you just going to take the sword from the Chapter Champion? or the whole arm? The sword would work, and look nicely impressive, but I don't think that the whole arm would work with him pointing in the other direction as well :D
I'm still not sure about the legs though, personally I think he might end up looking top-heavy :\

But looking at the Chapter Champion, I think that might actually be where the Sons of Orar get their Veteran Sergeant head from :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 06 Jun 2005, 12:25

No just the sword.Well due to my lack of enlgish I can't find a good way to explain it to you.Sorry.As for the top-heavy problem I don't really mind-that was what I wanted from the start,a SM that doesn't wear the pants of a power armor and therefore he can move easily around.Anyway I'll post some photos when I start[and if I find a way to glue the DE legs with the SM chest together].Currently I'm waiting for the command squad,the dark eldar warriors and two scouts with sniper rifle I've ordered to come to my local shop[It's not a GW but it has reasonable prices].As for the Crux Terminatus shoulder pad I'll wait for a friend to order directly from internet[I don't have credit card] and I'll pay him the extra cost-that means that basically the model will be ready in one or two weeks but the crux terminatus will be glued in august...And about that sons of ogar thingy-I didn't get it,is it another chapter or what?[if it's about chaos then I don't know them].

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jun 2005, 21:13

Sons of Orar are a Space Marine chapter that they've shown pictures of in this month's UK White Dwarf - they've got a red and white colour scheme and are apparently also in the latest Codex:Space Marines (google for "sons of orar" and the first site that turns up is one that lists all of the known chapters and where they are first seen!)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 08 Jun 2005, 21:40

a sm with no pants on? your insane! he wouldnt be abe to walk very far and it would be incredibly difficut to fight..

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 09 Jun 2005, 07:57

He will have pants,not the amour-pants though.They will look like normal clothes-that's all.He will look a bit like a scout in his lower part of his body.

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 09 Jun 2005, 20:12

but has power armour on his upper body? wont he be really top heavy?

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 10 Jun 2005, 07:22

Before you post check what others have said.I have answerd this before-when IBBoard asked about it.Just look for previous posts in this thread.

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 10 Jun 2005, 23:25

Change of plans:I concluded that using a piece of cloth for my Force CMD.
would be silly,stupid and so on.Therefore I'll take the back portion of upper part of the standard force commander which has cloak.Here's the url.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

Check it out and tell me what you think.Make it fast however for I'm planing to order boxed sets I need soon...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2005, 08:38

Good choice, but unless it is a multipart body (which I doubt) it could be difficult to just take the right amount of the back. Would involve a lot of hacksawing as well!

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 14 Jun 2005, 10:15

No it's plastic and multipart.I know it doesn't show to online shop but if you go to the miniatures gallery for example of the ultramarines and click the cmd it tells you that it's a boxed set...And if doesn't it's ok 'cause I saw it when a friend of mine bought it...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2005, 11:29

£8 for a multipart plastic commander? GW are getting expensive recently :\

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 14 Jun 2005, 14:12

Well...it was always expensive...!!!!!! :D

Next