Swamp Terrain

xavier87

RE: Swamp Terrain

Postby xavier87 at 06 Sep 2004, 07:14

does any one know how to make swamp terrain? B)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Sep 2004, 08:00

there have been a few articles in White Dwarf (back in the days when the Lizardmen first came out!)- I think the simple way basically involves lots of foliage and several layers of PVA glue on a base with vegetation looking borders and a bit of static grass/flock for mid-swamp vegitation.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

xavier87

Postby xavier87 at 28 Sep 2004, 02:13

Thanks but i only started a year ago :(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Sep 2004, 20:30

Yeah, slightly worrying that - I'm 20 and I have a collection of White Dwarfs from when I started and beyond. The first WD I bought was 177, I've got loads before then now but they're nearly at 300 now!

Possibly a daft idea, but have you checked the Lizardman section of the GW website?
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Oct 2004, 18:04

The have some Lizardmen terrain in this months White Dwarf (issue 298 - October). Nothing particularly swampy though, just overgrown ruins and the like.

xavier87

Postby xavier87 at 07 Dec 2004, 06:11

Thanks i'll try soon :clap: :clap: :clap:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Dec 2004, 08:24

Glad we could help :)

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 08 Apr 2006, 16:29

You can get some special spray water, that allows you to spray a water effect into a contained area, you can get them in clean river water colour, sea colour, dirty swamp colour etc.
If you have a small dip in the terrain, and fill it with a little water effect, then add some swampy foliage (I would reccomend using fish tank plants, these look quite good to a degree, and are cheaper than GW)

You should end up with the water in a small pool, surrounded by some swampy plants. If you want some plants in the water, then glue them to the base before you add the water effect. To make bullrushes, make the stems out of copper wire, then create the fluffy bits at the end using green stuff. These look good if right near a riverbank, placed next to some mushrooms.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 16:46

Or you can just use varnish or PVA glue (in thin layers) and not have to pay the extra-high prices GW will charge for it ;) Go to somewhere like Early Learning Center and you'll get a good couple of litres of PVA for about the same price :D

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 08 Apr 2006, 16:51

True