IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Best Paints

Postby IBBoard at 30 Apr 2008, 18:34

I'm guessing you have the old Citadels rather than the newer ones. The new ones didn't want to last a year for me without going dry, where as I've got a boxed set of paints from the 80s that's still going strong (well, liquid!)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

bluelizard1976
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby bluelizard1976 at 01 May 2008, 10:00

Same here :D

The old paints do seem last longer, but I think it has a lot to do with pots they came in, if lids are kept clean you have a really good seal, stops them drying out! Though the newer colours are superior in a few cases. So all I do now is transfer the paint over to old pots when I buy new colour. That helps them out last even the new flip lid pots which I have had a few dry on me.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 May 2008, 17:59

Yeah, it probably is partly the pots (flip tops did give a better seal) but I've also been told that the new paints use a different recipe.

As for swapping your paint over to old pots, I'd never thought of that as I normally ended up with some dried bits in that I thought might mix with the paint a bit.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

bluelizard1976
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby bluelizard1976 at 01 May 2008, 21:49

Read the "different recipe" post. That would explain a lot.

As to the pots I just give them a quick scrub when they are finished and try and use the same type of colour paint to fill them.

Previous