IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Conversion

Postby IBBoard at 09 Jun 2003, 11:47

I've just finished converting my own Grot Squig-handler for 40K, and I wondered if anyone else had done any interesting conversions recently.
I took the Rebel Grot Head Honcho from Gorkamorka, removed his pistol and turned his arm so that it was outstretched infront of him, then I took a load of greenstuff and modelled a harness and leash onto a squig. Now all I've got to do is repaint the Grot and paint the Squig and I've got a characterful Grot controling a Squig (or is it the other way round? :D)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Mirridi

Postby Mirridi at 12 Jun 2003, 19:38

Conversions...The Land Hulk.
Special Orky vehicle.
Beaten-up Land Raider, crashed Land Speeder on top, Predator on one side, Whirlwind on the other (old style). And a coupla bikes as body armour.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jun 2003, 09:47

:o how much did that cost?!?! My handler was only about £1.50 for the squig, plus a bit of Green Stuff - I had the grot already from a grab-bag I bought ages ago :)
But that thing sounds damned nasty :D any chance of some pics? :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Mirridi

Postby Mirridi at 16 Jun 2003, 15:30

No. I have neither a digital camera or a scanner. But, I got the Raider for £10, and the rest of the bits were in a massive box I got for £5, which included a Warboss (mint condition).

I used snotlings and space marine helmets as decoration, as well as a T-80 as an emplacement turret.

It caused Megadeath, and carried twenty boyz.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Jun 2003, 18:22

:) I love bargin boxes like that - thats actually how I started with 40K when my grandma picked up a 2nd Edition box and some other bits at an auction dead cheap :)
Might have to post pics of my conversion soon - got it painted now :) just got to finish basing it and then get round to playing

Martox

Postby Martox at 03 Sep 2003, 16:18

If I can get a pic of him, I'll post my converted Chaos Lord (has wings and a Dread Axe) aswell as my work in progress: A Daemon Prince from an Eldar Avatar!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Sep 2003, 18:25

Cool, sounds nasty - still ain't got round to taking that pic of my Grot. I'll have to try and remember when its nice and bright in the corner of my room

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 15 Jul 2004, 15:36

I've got an old Arch confessor Kyrinov that Ive changed a little a while ago, gave him a flamer instead of his staff and changed his little skeleton thin into a book, also hacked off and greenstuffed over the eagle although I cant remember why cos it looks cool with it on.

Am gonna paint him up like this

Anny

Postby Anny at 21 Jul 2004, 12:58

I recently converted a plastic dinosaur model into a Stegadon for my Lizardmen army...Just took a bit of dowell for the howdah...Cost me £9 and its slightly larger than the Games Workshop model.

The only problem is that the skink crew aren't tall enough to be looking over the edge, so I am making a platform for them to stand on.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Jul 2004, 15:18

Hopefully going to get round to posting pics of my grot soon. I've got the pictures, just got to clean them up, remove the background and add them to the pages!
I do like the style of the Kirinov though - and yours was probably hacked at cos you wanted him to be less Kirinov and more generic. Same reason as you removed the mace really.