Briggsy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

21%

Shed Spray Booth

Postby Briggsy at 03 Jan 2011, 14:25

Hi All,

After having trouble with my latest attempts at spraying undercoat outside and raising my concerns on this forum, I have taken the advice which I read in my newly purchased book "How to paint citadel miniatures".

The book gives details about undercoating and always if possible advises that you should spray it. There are lots of factors which can hinder the finish undercoat on your module (which I found out the hard way :D) and the book details to find the best place either a garage or shed. I don't have a garage so I have made a spray booth in my shed and have linked some pics below to see what you guys think.

As you can see there is a hawk in the middle of the box and the handle goes through the bottom so I can move the hawk around to spray the different angles of the module.

http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... nt=SB2.jpg

http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... yBooth.jpg

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Shed Spray Booth

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jan 2011, 15:15

That looks like quite a good setup - plenty of cover, a turntable so you can move models without touching them, and a good height for spraying at. You'll have to be more careful in a shed of that size than most garages, as you'll still build up some good fumes in there, but it should be a more consistent environment to spray in.

If you want to put together any little articles about what you've made and how, or things you're learning while starting to game then feel free to write them down and I can post them on the main HWT site :) What with WarFoundry taking over then I've not updated for an age. The site isn't dead and won't be going away, but it isn't exactly lively with new content :D

[edit] Also, I'm not going to ask about photo 4 in that album ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Briggsy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

21%

Postby Briggsy at 03 Jan 2011, 15:32

LOL - Yeah I didn't realize that the whole album would be shown, the other 2 are pictures I uploaded on my old wow guild forum, hence the screen shot of my old UI.

I will remove :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jan 2011, 19:57

It's amazing what happens when the Internet services assume "show all as public" :D Albums are great, and I've got lots of GW and programming stuff in my ImageShack profile, but I also make sure I hide the things I want hidden :) You could probably make a "GW" album and make that public but keep other things private, depending on what PhotoBucket allows on your account.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)