Briggsy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

21%

Cheapest site online

Postby Briggsy at 18 Nov 2010, 10:07

Hi All,

Where is the cheapest place to buy GW products, I found Maelstrom Games, is that one of the cheapest?

Thanks

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Re: Cheapest site online

Postby snowblizz at 18 Nov 2010, 13:05

"Cheapest" is sort of variable... as Mealstrom notes in their price beater guarantee, they look at the final cost after shipping if it is still cheaper.

Some places are cheaper than Maelstrom but then you have to pay shipping whic tends to cut away a large part of the save.
For me as someone not living in the UK Maelstrom have been good, cheaper and free shipping (anywhere in the world!)
Wayland games (or something like that) are cheaper still but shipping would cut into that for me.

Briggsy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

21%

Postby Briggsy at 18 Nov 2010, 13:15

Thanks dude.....

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Nov 2010, 12:44

Wayland Games have always been the cheapest that I've looked at, and their postage was generally quite low (unlike some, whose postage generally takes your price back up to pre-discount, or very close). We also have an affiliate link with them, so purchases made through them via our link help support the sites (HWT, Skins@HWT and WarFoundry). It isn't a lot, but generally enough to pay for the server each month.

In general, I'd recommend looking at our GW on a budget article. We've got a list of ways to save money and different shops with different discounts. From a quick skim then Maelstrom are already on the list, but their 10-15% discount didn't make them rank too highly. That was with a UK focus, though, so their free international shipping will make a difference for people like Snowblizz.

If you find any other cheap and trustworthy sites then give me a shout and I'll add them to the list.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Briggsy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

21%

Postby Briggsy at 22 Nov 2010, 16:17

Thanks again, great help....