IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Blood

Postby IBBoard at 11 Oct 2010, 19:37

Ork blood is supposed to be blue, IIRC (I've not read up on it in a while, but the Codex says it isn't red as they are fungi-based), however using red still looks the best as it is what people expect, and on Ork scars in particular then it stands out well (the red and green contrast).
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

saphire krakens
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

95%

Postby saphire krakens at 12 Oct 2010, 05:22

apparently green is a color but im having my marines killing orks and being covered in ork blood

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2010, 11:53

Yeah, that'd make sense for fungi. You could paint the Marines with green splashes (normally quite dark green) but I think that most people wouldn't recognise it as Ork blood. Artistic license may be the best alternative so that you just go for red blood even if it isn't canon, which I've seen some 'Eavy Metal painters do. It depends whether you want an eye-catching model or canon correctness.

(That said, I'm sure some people can pull off green blood smears, but I think it takes a lot of practice and very good colour control/understanding).
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)