New paint Scheme

Kjetil136
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

New paint Scheme

Postby Kjetil136 at 27 Jul 2008, 20:33

I recently finished painting this terminator and i was wondering what tips anyone might have before i continue on and finish the squad.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/6619/minotaurterminatorcj4.png

Based off the Minotaur Chapter of the 21st Cursed Founding.

Thanks
Kjetil
"In a world of darkness, the synapses of conscious thought are like a beacon of hope... or despair."

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: New paint Scheme

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jul 2008, 12:01

Interesting base :)

The only things I can think of are:

• You could possibly do to water down your red paint a bit and do more layers. If you're careful it'll give you a smoother edge to your lines.
  • Some of the red, especially on the helmet, would be improved by some darker shading. A thin line of dark red/brown showing at the edges would add more punch to the distinction. Ditto for the small shield.
  • The skulls might benefit from a bit of shading, even if it's just a quick wash of brown or chestnut ink, possibly with a bit of black mixed in. Highlighting metals is more difficult than normal colours, though.

Other than that it looks fine, and I'm sure it'll have a good impact on the table top. The badge looks nice and clean - was it hand-painted?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Kjetil136
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby Kjetil136 at 04 Aug 2008, 01:44

I hand painted it, but i am hoping to print off some custom transparencies for the symbol. i need to get back to finishing that squad. got 4 more left. I was thinking about doing a distinction for the sargeant, mainly changing the color of the helmet.
My choices are gold, blue, black, or red.
Any thoughts?
"In a world of darkness, the synapses of conscious thought are like a beacon of hope... or despair."

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Aug 2008, 19:07

I'd probably go for red as it would mark him out as different, be more obvious than gold, but still be in-keeping with the main scheme.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)