hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Painting

Postby hessyx2 at 15 May 2008, 12:55

HI Yall
i collect Space Marines and Impirel Guards, am not to bad at paint the impirel Guards but the Space Marines i just cant get the hang of even with the "how to paint spacemarines" am still not happy with the way they look is there any tips some1 can give for painting Ultramarines??

Hessy

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Painting

Postby stfas at 15 May 2008, 13:52

Welcome once again, and im sorry i can't help with the mini painting, as i don't play w40k (i wish, but there probably aren't so many in my city)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 May 2008, 18:38

What problem do you have with them?

I've only painted a few Marines (well, Marine parts - I'm an Ork player ;) ) and I know they do seem a bit counter-intuitive to paint at times. Somehow I always feel you should be highlighting them 'properly' and not just painting armour edges when the whole armour plate is curved and raised!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

thesteelclaw
Yoof
Yoof
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby thesteelclaw at 15 May 2008, 19:42

Hi I think the best thing to do is take some of painted models to a games workshop shop/warhammer world when its not a busy time of day and get professional advice. The staff are always more than happy to show you techniques and skills especially when it’s quiet in the shop. And there is nothing like someone actually showing you. You never know you could be a golden demon winner in the future with help and advice. :D

hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby hessyx2 at 16 May 2008, 06:05

hahaha me been a golden demon winner thats the funnyest thing i have hurd in a while, i will work out how to put a pic on here of my troops and u will see what i mean :D
thank you for the advice i will pop into GW sometime but the nearest one is 12 miles away which is hull.

Hessy

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 May 2008, 17:42

12 miles isn't too terrible - when I lived in Hereford it would probably have been about 30 miles to the closest GW store ;)

The staff will definitely be able to help, although be careful of them trying to paint your models for you. I have a Dragon Prince champion who, while he looks great, had at least his shield painted by a staffer and so he just looks out of place amongst the rest of them!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby hessyx2 at 16 May 2008, 17:49

i will take a model that i dont use for them to show me on, i will work out how to get a pic of my IGs and my SMs and Tau to show u my bad paint :D maybe 1 of u lot might be able to suggest something to help :D

Hessy