legofreak
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Greetings and Salutations

Postby legofreak at 27 Mar 2007, 10:40

Howdy -
My name is legofreak, and I am now hooked on the whole Warhammer 40K genre.
It started about a year ago when a buddy of mine asked me if I would be willing to make some Warhammer Wizardsfor him as he was into the original tabletop game. (I'd played a little DnD in my younger years, but had never heard of WH until this time).
Well, shortly after that I found a few books from the Black Library at a used bookstore, including Trollslayer.
And needless to say it's a far more interesting world than any other I'd encountered.
A few more months went by, and I started amassing more and more books, and began work on more figsfor myself.
Then one fateful day at Barnes and Nobles I found the Ultramarines Omnibus.....
and that was it man! I'd been a huge fan of Starcraft, and Space marines in general, but the whole WH40k?! - Wow! I now grab as many books on the Adeptus Astartes as I can find (and I really really want one of those posters that shows the top hundred chapters :wink: ah well, as soon as my budget stretches a bit.)
Fantastic stuff - As I am sure you are all aware.

Well, after going through some personal issues, and some ups and downs in life, I am glad to say that I finally got a decent computer that could play DOW (I waited for the Gold edition as I am a cheap bas****) and my obsession is now in full bloom once more. :D

The first modding I did was to create a bunch of badges and banners for lego factions - although I can see I am going to have to redo all the banners now that I see some of the great stuff around here!

Currently I am at work on making Lego minifigs with custom Space Marine armor (I have already made a chainsword and a bolter for my prototype fig) and I'll be sure to post a link here when I have one ready for show.

At any rate, sorry to be so long winded, but there are very few forums that I choose to participate in, and honestly the others are lego related.. but heck - this modding stuff is fun. SO be prepared for some obvious questions (I'll try to keep those to a minimum) and some wild enthusiasm (I don't do things by halves!)

Freak

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Greetings and Salutations

Postby IBBoard at 27 Mar 2007, 17:39

Warhammer Wizards? Interesting. I remember when I first got in to Warhammer trying to have additional units made from all of the lego men we owned! Never went quite as far as the torso stickers though :D

Hopefully we can help with any problems you might have. If it's something short and simple with a simple answer that other people might wonder about (but just haven't asked) then I may even add it to the FAQ.

Enjoy your stay.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 01 Apr 2007, 09:19

Brilliant! I love the Lego Lichemaster :D

I'm sure there's a Playmobil site like this out there somewhere too....
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Apr 2007, 20:50

Kemmler? Didn't look at them in detail before, but yeah, the face in it is great :D The Gotrek one looks quite excessively tattooed!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)