IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Christmas...

Postby IBBoard at 26 Dec 2006, 19:08

So far I know MMM got an XBox 360/Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (and is getting beaten by his sister on it :D) but that's about all.

The main thing I got was a TomTom One (the sat-nav thing with the annoying "Scott-Scott" advert). I've yet to try it out - me and the fiancee might take a drive somewhere on Thursday or something - but it'll be great for when I ever need to drive somewhere new. It even has an SD card full of maps so I can update it or swap it to European maps should I ever go to Europe (for whatever reason!). My parents also included a normal road atlas so I knew it was taking me to the right place (some smaller places they're a little less accurate on)

The fiancee's parents got me a cool mirror that has a verdigris'd Chinese-style dragon plate above it :) They thought I was akward to buy for, but now they know I like dragon things they're a bit happier :D

I also got a winter kit for the car and a Scooby air freshener thing. Having a car is useful for extra present ideas :D

Books are good too - I've already got Giantslayer by William King, and got Daemon and Vampireslayer for Christmas. Just need to get the other four that I know of that are definitely William King now :D TGSC gave me Ravenor Returned as well, so more Inquisitorial goodness. Ian Watson's Inquisition Wars trilogy would have been good too, but people were only selling it at £120 on Amazon :shock: It wasn't a limited edition run, was it?

Oh, and you can't forget the collection of foreign beers. I've tried one of the four so far (a Brazilian). There's also a Chinese, a Czech (which should be good - a real Pilsner) and possibly a Swedish. I can't remember the last one for definite though.

There's various other bits as well (some nice T-shirts, a strange tape measure/light/calculator/notepad contraption, chocolates, wine and nibbles to share, etc) but those are the main bits :)

It's nice having a quiet Christmas with just me, the fiancee and a slightly crazed cat (we're not sure if it's the lights and wrapping paper, or whether he gets hyperactive on the Whiskers packets!)

* Side note: Firefox has some strange spell checking. It doesn't recognise "Pilsner" and suggests "Entrails" as a correction :shock:
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Christmas...

Postby MadMaffMan at 26 Dec 2006, 19:40

Gahhh.....not sure i'd like to go up to the bar and ask for a pint of entrails. :shock:

I've actually managed a draw now on PES6, there was a little 'sportmanship' involved with a few extra strong drinks making my sisters reflexes slightly slower. Well i have to take every edge i can. :wink:

I got a new watch after breaking my last one swimming.....this one IS water resistant. :oops:

And a new mouse mat with built in gel pad to keep my poor ol' wrists from aching after all these hours on the PC.

Make sure your cat's not been at the punch bowl, could explain a lot. We found ours with his head up the Turkeys nether regions.....reminded me of that episode of Mr. Bean. :D
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Dec 2006, 23:50

Yeah, can imagine the cat being quite interested in the turkey :lol: ours keeps sniffing around the kitchen every time we go in the fridge (even a small chicken is way too much for two people in a single meal! At least it means I get chicken and stuffing sandwiches ;) ) I just try to make sure he stays out and doesn't get ideas like going on the worktops being normal.

As for the beers, I just had the Chinese one and it was quite nice. The other one I wasn't sure about was an Italian. I'm going for one a night to start off the beers and then some normal Grolsch - that way the special ones last longer :)

One other thing I forgot earlier - I now have series 5-8 of Red Dwarf (the "Just the shows" boxed set) :)

The only bad thing of Christmas so far is the Feeder CD from my fiancee (the "The Singles" one). Unfortunately I'm going to have to take it back and exchange it because the file track skips like hell for the last minute :( Hopefully a second copy will be clean and written properly.

On further spelling-related oddities, Grolsch comes up with "School", "Scholar" and some similar words :D When I mis-spelled it as Grolsh at first it has Holster and Bolshevik! Somewhat random corrections on occasion!
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Brannick
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

32%

Postby Brannick at 29 Dec 2006, 16:14

I hope you all had a good Christmas.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Dec 2006, 16:23

You too, Brannick :) Did you get up to anything interesting, or was it just a quiet Christmas?

On a side note, I think you must be the first person to actually have bothered making an appearance after I sent out the "New Year cleanup" email! (except TGSC, who actually received it because of his old Warmaster Horus account rather than his newer account)

Brannick
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

32%

Postby Brannick at 27 Jan 2007, 20:43

IBBoard wrote:You too, Brannick :) Did you get up to anything interesting, or was it just a quiet Christmas?

On a side note, I think you must be the first person to actually have bothered making an appearance after I sent out the "New Year cleanup" email! (except TGSC, who actually received it because of his old Warmaster Horus account rather than his newer account)

Been a nightmare to be honest IB. I have been in and out of hospital again the back end of last year and all of this year so far. Not finding huge amounts of time, until recently, to even Admin Imperial-Literature. Just popping online when I can, and hardly any website trawling and visiting like I used to really enjoy.

How are things with you?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jan 2007, 08:55

Comparatively good. Not finding as much time as I'd like to do website and related stuff, but that's mainly a combination of work, watching DVDs with my fiancee and procrastination!

I just had a quick look, and I'm guessing Paragon Scribe hasn't had much of a chance to be progressed either, which is a shame.

Get well soon.

Brannick
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

32%

Postby Brannick at 29 Jan 2007, 15:10

Cheers IB.

Yeah, Paragon scribe has been put a little on the back burner for the time being. It will still go ahead though, it is just "when" !