File hosting.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

File hosting.

Postby MadMaffMan at 21 Dec 2006, 20:35

I need to share some files with a few people and they are rather large zips, 50megs plus, can anyone suggest a good free hosting site thats safe and not one of these sites filled with Trojan software. :?
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: File hosting.

Postby IBBoard at 22 Dec 2006, 10:26

If it's gaming then FileFront should do it. There's also a few others (like savefile.com) that people on Relic Forums use, but they're just annoying with all of the adverts and delays.

Alternatively there's the workaround of using YouSendIt. It's meant for emailing large files (up to100MB) but you get 100 downloads before the link dies so all you need to do is email it to yourself, wait for the email notification and forward the link to your friends. I did it that way when I was first testing the Halved Marines to save me emailing it repeatedly :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 22 Dec 2006, 14:18

Cool i'll give that a try ASAP, anything has to be better than just emailing an 50meg file. :shock:
I can just imagine what Tiscali would do if i tried it.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Dec 2006, 15:16

It'd probably choke and throw it back to you (either as an instant fail, or as an "unable to deliver - too large" message). I think I tried it with our ISP once and it didn't take kindly to such a large email :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)