Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

First there were Apple computers...

Postby IBBoard at 30 Oct 2006, 19:00

Taking fruit/vegetable computer names like Apple a step further, we get:

Pumpkin computers

Apparently it's a yearly event where a site sets a competition to fit working computer components into a pumpkin, but it looks great :D I'd possibly be a little worried about getting flesh on the board and frying something, but certainly a novel idea.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

RE: First there were Apple computers...

Postby Simguinus at 02 Nov 2006, 17:38

There was a PC clone called 'Apricot' back in the early 90s as well.

And of course, let's not forget Acorn, the original fruit/vegetable themed PC.... :D
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Nov 2006, 18:50

Ahhh, Acorns - we had those at school. First year or two was Acorns and the old Apple Mac Classics :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 07 Nov 2006, 17:50

Of course, the good ole Classic. Screen smaller than it's mouse mat....praise be unto the food chain of Macs, for they gave unto us Bungie Software, and Marathon. And without these there would be no Halo. :)
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Nov 2006, 18:39

Marathon? They gave us the old Snickers bar before it was renamed? (not that I actually remember them, but my dad complains they tasted better before the renaming :D

But yeah, the old Classics did have tiny screens and large amounts of plastic surround. Seems suprising that they'd turn those in to the iMac and things :D

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 23 Dec 2006, 21:37

Marathon - if you don't know it, go look it up in Wiki. Basically, it was a Mac Doom-clone that outdid Doom by actually having a plot and a story - very similar to that of System Shock - suspiciously so, given the SS came out about 8 years later. The Software cimpany behind Marathon went on to produce Halo, which has a number of similarities in the Halo 'verse to that of Marathon.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 24 Dec 2006, 02:53

IBBoard wrote:Marathon? They gave us the old Snickers bar before it was renamed? (not that I actually remember them, but my dad complains they tasted better before the renaming :D

But yeah, the old Classics did have tiny screens and large amounts of plastic surround. Seems suprising that they'd turn those in to the iMac and things :D

Your dads quite right, the old Marathon bar did taste better before the name change. :roll:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"