hi..its me!

flashmaster

hi..its me!

Postby flashmaster at 11 Oct 2006, 15:27

hello...iam new in this forum..so....

first..iam german..so dont be worry bout my english! ;)

could be i´ll do some mistakes..^^

iam 18 years old and i love warhammer...some of u too i hope^^

i love the textures and shmes are to dowload at the HP and i wanna make some by myself! where I can look for tools and stuff like this?

flash

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: hi..its me!

Postby IBBoard at 11 Oct 2006, 16:22

Hi,

Welcome to the HWT Forums.

Skins@HWT should have everything you need to get skinning. The tutorials section contains tutorials from myself, Sandwichwarrior and Ricocet on general skinning, a tutorial on making TGAs and WTPs from RSH files by Danimator and a couple of tutorials on making areas team colourable/non-teamcolourable by me (again).

As for tools, I'd recommend the Dawn of War Texture Tool. It'll extract WTP, RSH and RTX textures to TGAs/DDS images. To edit TGAs you'll need something like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, The GIMP, or any other program that can save TGA images (possibly things like Corel Paint or whatever it's called). DDS images can be edited with Photoshop (with a plugin) and The GIMP - I'm not sure about other apps.

If you've got any more DoW skinning questions, stick them in the Skinning Questions thread :)

Hope you enjoy your stay and find some useful tools/tutorials.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

RE: hi..its me!

Postby Simguinus at 11 Oct 2006, 16:27

I'll add my greetings to the Emperor's.

Hi, I'm the guy in charge of the Encyclopedia you can find on the main HWT website - have a look around it and if you can think of anything missing, stick in a definition, even if it's only a short one. Please. Pretty please.....
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353