IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Kelsey Grammer in X-Men 3

Postby IBBoard at 21 Mar 2006, 14:25

OK, this strikes me as rather strange considering his normal character, but Kelsey Grammer (Frasier Crane in Frasier) is playing Dr Hank McCoy AKA Beast! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/)

OK, so I guess Beast is very much an intellectual, but I can't quite see Mr Grammer doing all of the climbing around :D

Can't wait for the film to come out :) only other thing I can think of that I want to see is Ice Age 2 over Easter!
Last edited by IBBoard on 06 Apr 2006, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

RE: Kelsey Grammer in X-Men 3

Postby Simguinus at 04 Apr 2006, 19:43

Oddly enough, I think this is quite good casting...I imagine they'll CG a lot of the clambering about. Although there is a nasty rumour floating around that Vinnie Jones is going to be involved in this (X-Men 3, as opposed to being Kelsey Grammer's stunt double or something :lol: )somehow.... :shock:
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 05 Apr 2006, 02:39

I think word on the street is he will be juggernaut

Although I could be wrong.

Incedentally I'm going to take this post as an oppertunity to announce I beat my housemates at Trivial Pursuit, don't ask me how I know PFO on medical notes of someone in A&E who suffered "a late night self inflicted injury" stands for "pissed and fell over", I just do, I've honestly not been reading the cards at night!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Apr 2006, 07:46

Ahhhh, good old PaFO - I picked that one up through Trivial Pursuit and Abi (her sister's a nurse). There's another one that they use on CSI that's DFO - "done fell over" or something, they just dropped down dead.

Anyway, back to XMen.

Kelsey Grammer probably would be a good casting if Beast is all CG. Thinking back to the XMen cartoon (XMen, not XMen Evolution) the voice of Beast in that was fairly similar to a Frasier-type. Plus he managed to pull off being Sideshow Bob (Simpsons) and Stinky Pete (Toy Story 2).

As for Vinnie Jones, I hope not! *checks IMDB* yep, it's true. The film's in post-production and Vinni Jones is listed as Juggernaut. Hopefully he'll have done a good job of it. He was OK in Lock Stock, but that was actually set in London where he fitted in.

IMDB: X-Men 3
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 06 Apr 2006, 07:02

And he was fine in Gone in 60 Seconds, mainly because he was a mute.... :D

Yeah, I remember Beast in the X Cartoon souding like a Frasier-type character, which fits with Beast's background nicely. And Sideshow Bob was a work of genius, and provides by far and away the best episodes of the Simpsons.

I'm concerned about X3, mainly 'cos Bryan Singer has jumped ship to do Superman. Which I just don't get, having never understood the allure of Superman. I also note that we seems to have misplaced Alan Cummings [Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler]somewhere along the way.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2006, 08:22

*edits first post to make the link a link*

Don't remember much of Nightcrawler, although it has been a while since I watched Xmen 2. It's on my DVD rental list, though, so I should get to watch it again at some point over Easter :) Whatever happened to him, they must just have decided that he wasn't a major character who was needed with the new story line - I don't remember him from the Marvel Top Trumps cards.

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 06 Apr 2006, 11:15

Nightcrawler was in right at the beginning of X:2, he was the one who broke into the whitehouse.

Although I missed it cos when I went to see X:2 we got in late thinking it would be fine, we'd just miss the trailers and ads, but it was a subtitled for the deaf edition so there were no ads or anything, missed the first 5-10mins :(

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 06 Apr 2006, 12:56

It's just slightly odd, considering that the first two pretty muh kept everyone who had been in from before, with a few casulaties - Toad, Sabretooth (no great loss, especially in the latter case), that Nightcrawler got dropped. X2 made him into a fairly key character - perhaps they just don't need someone with teleportation powers for this one... :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2006, 12:58

Why have teleportation when you've got someone with a big metal helmet-thing over his head who can charge through walls? :D

Can imagine a subtitled film being slightly off-putting though :\