Post 1 - Hi

Fizzled

Post 1 - Hi

Postby Fizzled at 19 Jan 2006, 19:58

Getting this out of the way. This is my generic "Hi" post.

So.... Hi. *wave*

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Post 1 - Hi

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2006, 20:03

Hi :) You're still online now (four minutes old since posting at the moment :D) so hopefully we'll see more of you in not too long!

Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay at Hive World Terra and find it useful. Any questions about the forum, PM me or post them in here :) Any suggestions or contributions, PM them to me, email them to me or post them in the relevant forum :)

IBBoard, local Admin, coder and everything-else-person!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 19 Jan 2006, 20:35

Welcome aboard, have fun. :D
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

Fizzled

Postby Fizzled at 19 Jan 2006, 20:41

I do have one question/suggestion or whatever. More of a bug report I suppose. Anyways, I'm using the Winter Assault color scheme. (Yes, its color, not colour :P ) Whenever I reply to a thread though, the Topic review frame displays according to the default color scheme. Just a curious bug I don't recall noticing in other phpBB forums.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jan 2006, 10:16

It's a .co.uk top level domain, so it's spelled correctly here - we use the U :P :D

Anyway, good catch, I forgot about that part. Most of us just use the Quick Reply box, and so don't notice that part. I'll see what I can do about fixing it :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jan 2006, 13:45

OK, I've fixed the colours on the reply box now. I've also fixed the width of it in the WA skin (in Firefox at least - I've got to check IE yet and see if it does its usual job of managing to misunderstand the styling!)

[edit] IE seems to cope OK with it. It's not as perfect as Firefox (IE seems to fit it to the width of the iFrame, not the iFrame minus the width of the vertical scrollbar!) but nothing is lost or hidden, so IE can just do its own stupid thing again.

Now to put the same width-fix into the normal beige version.

Fizzled

Postby Fizzled at 22 Jan 2006, 07:19

Nice work. :) I've got Firefox installed as well, but I still seem to prefer IE for some reason.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 09:17

Crazy man :D Firefox is superior in almost all ways! Although it does help that I do web design and Firefox has various tools that are very useful for debugging web design or altering it on the fly :)

IE is OK as long as you have GoogleBar or something to popup block, but it still gets far more adware than Firefox (I've been clean for the past year) and it doesn't have the useful extensions like AdBlock Plus (which I only use on big commercial sites, not personal websites or Open Source websites)