IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Gah! Ugly new iTunes :(

Postby IBBoard at 12 Sep 2005, 14:48

Damnit, I just downloaded iTunes 5.0 because I decided I should after skipping 4.8 and 4.8, and I wish I hadn't :\

It mentions that it has a "streamlined interface" or something similar - what they really mean is that they removed any extra space that separated things! You now get a couple of pixes outside border, one pixel separating source list from track list, File, Edit menus etc all in a line with the program name (so no 'title bar') and the former LCD screen is now half white and half green :\

I'm going to have to see if I can get 4.7 or 4.8 installed back again.

[edit] OK, uninstalled iTunes (having exported my library to XML first) and reinstalled 4.7.1. Much better, now it looks like real iTunes instead of someone-removed-half-of-the-interface-in-cost-cutting-exercises-and-sod-the-final-look iTunes :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Gah! Ugly new iTunes :(

Postby TGSC at 13 Sep 2005, 12:09

hah, it keeps bugging me but ive not bothered with it yet

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Sep 2005, 13:30

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Luckily I keep all of my old installers, so I've got 4.7.1 installed again (got 4.6 as well, but didn't download 4.8 or 4.9). I'd check out some of their interface screenies - they're bound to have some somewhere.

Oh, and welcome back - long time no see with you over in Sheffield again :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 14 Sep 2005, 19:44

Yeah, was over in sheff for a while without laptop, then about two days in sheff with a laptop, then down south last week without a laptop. I'm at home actually till saturday, but I've got no music/dvds and dads computer has all the wrong bookmarks :(