Expensive bus prices

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Expensive bus prices

Postby TGSC at 13 Aug 2005, 16:24

Getting a little annoyed at the constant increase in prices on our local busses (First Manchester). The prices went up a month or so ago, and they've gone up again. Day savers used to be £2.50, then up to £2.70, then they introduced peak savers at £2.90 and off peak at £2.50. Now off peak savers are £2.70/80 or something, and its no cheaper getting a return for what is a 10 min bus ride (used to be about £2.30 when savers were £2.50). All that seems to have changed is we get long bendy busses which are too warm cos they have no openable windows, and the driver never opens the back doors.

Got the train the other day, less frequent and only a few stops, but reliable , punctual and gets you into the city centre. It costs £1.05 return. As if that doesnt show the busses to be too expensive, about 10 years ago when I used to go in as a kid, adult returns were 80p. And it takes about three minutes. Plus with my student railcard, returns are 70p.

More journey's on the train in future methinks

Rant over

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Expensive bus prices

Postby IBBoard at 13 Aug 2005, 19:51

But I thought that when there was a family of us going in to town it was cheaper for mum to take us on the bus, and more frequent, and that's why we changed. But yeah, they do keep putting prices up, £2.80 now I think, and then I think it's £3 for peak.

But that's still quite cheap - Bracknell was useless, buses would be cancelled or delapidated old things. One of them we got told not to sit in the back half because there was a loose floor panel, another stopped at a stop and wouldn't start again and a third had brakes that would engage and the driver had to repeatedly hit the breaks to get it to disengage! All of this when the absolute newest one was one of the older style new ones from Manchester (it was grey First livery, but the original grey ones) and it was about £2.30ish for a first ticket that only covered Bracknell town. It was then £3.30 or something for one for the Windsor and somewhere area and even more for another area. You know where my house was and it was £1.40 from there or a £2.30 day saver for the cheapest return!

Be greatful you live up North, the south is too expensive :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 13 Aug 2005, 23:18

Dunno about the train fare, its what mum said.

Means I can get to manchester for peanuts, I'm probably gonna come up sometimes this week seeing as they're on hols. And get your ass on Y!IM as well

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Aug 2005, 11:15

I don't have a chance to be on Y!IM, it's either day time and I'm working on skins and banners on my computer with no internet, or it's be evening and Abi's home from work so I don't get to be online much.

But if you're coming up, just give me a buzz before hand.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)