For the attention of the admin and moderators...

Librarian Rannos

For the attention of the admin and moderators...

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 12:28

Transmitted:Baal[Home planet of Blood Angels]
Received :Holly Terra
Telepathic duct:Standard
Thought of the day:At last back to WAR! Date:2357589M41

For the attention of our most revered Colonel[admin]
Since you were unable to fix my broblem[see the messages to ICQ]
I decided to create a new account.This way you also know my new e-mail.

The username of my old account is Chief Librarian Rannos Fural.Although I did had some good posts you may delete it.

May the Eperor guide your thoughts and Sanguinius your hand.
Librarian Rannos
PS:The Emperor sees,the Emperor knows...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: For the attention of the admin and moderators...

Postby IBBoard at 19 May 2005, 15:02

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what happened when you tried to log in? I might be able to recover your old account (or if not, I'll move all of the old posts to your new account)

As for ICQ, I'm not online at the moment, I'm at work. The button on the forums doesn't show online/offline status at the moment, its just always the default green ICQ icon.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 17:43

Well it told me that the email adress was not right no matter how many tries and checks I did.Anyway forget it and transfer my old posts to my new account.Just make sure to transfer ALL data when you try to re-host again. :evil:
BTW I've sortened the user name so now don't tell me again that it's to big... :?

PS:No offence itended in any way-are you male or female? :?:

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 17:46

And about the ICQ....I've send the messages yersterday...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 May 2005, 18:08

All data has been transferred, there was just a difference in formats (which I thought I'd resolved before transferring the data) that meant that your username (which was 28 characters long originally) was too long for the new (and more reasonable, IMO) 25 character length. Not quite sure what you were trying to do with an email address :\

I'll transfer all of your old posts when I have time - transfering the Skins@HWT website is taking priority at the moment (going to be starting soon)

As for the ICQ, I think I might have to remove my user ID unless I can get Trillian or winGAIM to work - it keeps crashing on start up. For now I'm just running Y!IM (its the one with the best connection from my house, NTL (my ISP) seems to keep causing MSN to log out)

And to answer your question, I'm male, why?
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 18:18

I dunno what's exactly wrong with the log in problem I had...Anyway
what do you mean that transfering the skins@hwt takes priority?You're completing the transfer or you're trying to rehos?[I hope not the last one...]

About the Male/Female question...well I had reckoned from the forums that you were male,however the ICQ showed that you're a female........

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 May 2005, 10:24

Did it? didn't think I'd ever filled in a profile on ICQ! :D ICQ lies :) And I've installed WinGaim now, so I can have all of my messengers running from one program, and not have it crash on startup (as Trillian has started doing).

As for the transfer, I am rehosting (here, the new hiveworldterra.co.uk domain). Skins@HWT was on dowfiles.com hosting, but after 3 months I wanted something more, and I didn't want to have to send visitors to the main dowfiles.com for anything over 400K (all skins!) with its masses of banners and popups, so instead I'm hosting it on my own account now (I found somewhere that meant I could afford to do it, and it has nothing but good reviews). The most I will do in advertising is a few (two is probably going to be all at the moment) affiliate links, one to an online store that sells GW (once either the second deadline for GW Legal replying passes, or they reply) and one for my host. I hate popups and banners, and so I don't see why I should impose them on others. I've still got one more site to transfer - the main hiveworldterra.ibboard.co.uk site, but that will probably wait a while now (maybe the end of my free 30day trial :))

The transfer of your posts should now be complete - your posts are moved and your postcount recalculated.

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 25 May 2005, 06:51

You know what will happen if something goes wrong don't you?You'll have to re-transfer my posts if there's again problem with my account so watch it!And again thanks for transfering my old posts...I really apreciate it and the promotion to 4th year cadet...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2005, 07:37

If something goes wrong while I'm working in the database then I won't need to re-transfer posts, because I'll have taken a backup just before I did the work (I hope :D)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 25 May 2005, 07:40

Make sure that you'll remember it...