Voting

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Voting

Postby TGSC at 17 Apr 2005, 12:34

How many of us on the board are old enough to vote, and if you are, who for? Even if you're not old enough you can air your views.

I'm gonna be voting Lib Dem but I dont want to vote over in this constituency (Sheffield Hallam) cos its already a LD safe seat because of all the students. Going to try and get my polling card sent up from home (Bolton South East) and do a postal vote. Saying that it will probably make less difference considering it's been a Lab safe seat since the boundry shuffles in the 70's and before that when it was Farnworth to the 30's.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Apr 2005, 17:46

Meh, I'm old enough to vote but I can't be bothered all the way from Bracknell. They're all the same to me anyway, don't see the difference - every politician says one thing, does another and then blames someone else for it!

*wonders whether the Labour guy in Farnworth still looks like a dodgy car-sales man*
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 18 Apr 2005, 19:27

That was council elections, our local MP is this fella
http://www.brianiddon.org.uk/

EDIT: the picture was over 2500x3000 :blink: theyd forced it to 190x280, do these people have no internet skills?

<!--EDIT|TGSC|Apr 18 2005, 07:31 PM-->

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Apr 2005, 19:29

See, can't even tell the difference between council and general elections :D

[edit] I'd guess not on the Internet skills! And I'll try and find a link tomorrow that someone sent around work - something along the lines of "whowouldyouvotefor.co.uk" (only not, cos it isn't there) and it gave you some questions with "strongly disagree" through to "strongly agree" and then told you how much of a leaning you had towards each party. I had most Lib Dem (19 I think), closely followed by the Greens :blink: on about 16 and UKIP on about 10 :blink: with Labour and Conservative on a negative value!

<!--EDIT|IBBoard|Apr 18 2005, 09:08 PM-->
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Apr 2005, 11:09

OK, got the link - http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com

And my scores from that were:

Labour -16
Conservative -9
Liberal Democrat 19
UK Independence Party 10
Green 17

Managed to remember it quite well :)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 20 Apr 2005, 08:37

Hah, you damn hippy :D I took that before and I think I came out Lib Dem. I don't know why I got any UKIP points though, not quite sure how it calculates it considering Tories were like -15

I don't get that "asylum seekers should be allowed to work rather than living of benefits", are they forbidden work?

Actually, just thought they might be if the application isnt through

Rang home the other day and although the polling cards over here (Sheffield) say if you want a postal vote in this election, fill in and return the card to get it deliever to the printed address(sheffield)/fill it out with the address you want the vote sent to, the ones in Bolton just say write a letter to the Returning Officer. Its gonna be a pain getting it all sorted, and I didn't even register over here, uni registers us.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Apr 2005, 09:44

Thats one reason why I won't bother voting - too much effort!
And I think the asylum seekers one is that they aren't allowed to work while their application is being processed, and so have to be paid for by the government.

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 05 May 2005, 15:04

Come on people, polls are open til 10pm tonight, so get voting. Yes that means you. And you.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 May 2005, 18:41

that gives me two and a quarter hours to go and get my polling card from Manchester (if mum has it!) and get to a polling station! And then the only other members I know the nationality of on this forum are, I think, American and Dutch!