First Ice Hockey Game

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: First Ice Hockey Game

Postby TGSC at 08 Dec 2004, 22:58

went to watch sheffield steelers play ice hockey against london races. My first pro icehockey game, quite good fun. Drew 2-2 tho.

gonna have to go again in the new year, hopefully i should have more of a grasp of the rules by then :blink:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Dec 2004, 20:09

Cool, Some of the lads at work go watching hockey - Tom is local and supports Bracknell Bees.

But rules? hockey has rules? :D
The only rules I know of are Icing, which I think is hitting the puck from one half to the other and one of your team mates collecting it, and hooking, which is tripping someone.

You'll have to post here and educate us all :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 09 Dec 2004, 20:29

Hooking isnt tripping, tripping is tripping. Hooking is holding back with your stick, icing is hitting the puck from behind your blue line past the goal line without anyone toutching it.

Theres holding, interferance and roughing, I cant tell which is which and whats legal/not. Cross checking is bodychecking(legal) with a stick (illegal). Checking from behind gets you a 2min minor plus 10, although I don't know what the plus 10 does.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Dec 2004, 08:24

Ah, k, didn't realise they had tripping too.
And if icing is hitting the puck all that way without anyone touching it, then why do computer games only award it when someone picks it up?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)