IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Cheap Software

Postby IBBoard at 30 Nov 2004, 19:45

The British Computing Society have sent me a 'special offer' because I'm a member: Office 2003 Pro for £155 or Macromedia Studio MX (the MX version of Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator and Flash) for £199!

Worryingly, thats half price! (and about the same price as student discounted licenses for them)

A worrying article in the BCS magazine said that Windows once made up 5% of a computer's price, and now makes up 15%! How long ago was 'once'? 1996! Not that your OS is damned expensive or anything :blink:
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 06 Dec 2004, 16:14

I don't get any discounts from BPS.:angry: Then again I'm not sure I'm actually a member.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Dec 2004, 20:14

Plus they aren't a computing group, so they aren't likely to be offered discounts by companies!

But you probably aren't a member, you have to sign up. My degree is acredited by the BCS, but I didn't become a member until this year (I had to be to do Industrial Experience)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)