Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Crowded Trains?

Postby IBBoard at 21 Nov 2004, 21:54

Just a random little semi-rant.

Got home about half an hour ago - three and a half hour train ride from Manchester to Reading! I spent the first hour and a half or so to Birmingham New Street sat on the floor or stood just inside the doors! It even got so busy that at the first stop, people got on and then they said they couldn't go anywhere because they were "dangerously overcrowded" (as opposed to their normal "severely", "seriously" and "rediculously" - three which just mean "its cramped, but sod you!").

Their excuse? they'd laid on too short a train for a time on Sunday evenings that always has heavy traffic. If it always has heavy traffic, then why do Virgin not know this and put on a long enough train?!?

On a plus note, I did see one of the fast new tilting trains heading for Manchester sat somewhere south of Stockport with the engine cover removed from the nose and two guys in flourescent jackets peering in :D

Hey ho, such is public transport!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Crowded Trains?

Postby TGSC at 21 Nov 2004, 22:41

going home halloween weekend I sat down all the way as I was quick on, it only took an hour and theres one stop in between Sheffield and Manchester

Im going home next weekend as well, £5.70 for a return and I presume theres a seat booked because it asked me which way I wanted to sit :clap: