Transport Tycoon Deluxe Lives!

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Lives!

Postby TGSC at 15 Nov 2004, 15:16

Transport Tycoon, Roller Coaster tycoon with all the fun of rollercoasters removed, only works on XP with a patch applied but my version refuses to patch, however I found OpenTTD - Transport Tycoon Deluxe basically recreated and improved, opensource :clap: woohoo

http://www.openttd.com

I got a 'patch' to make the face chooser better but then found out I have to get the C++ exe source code and put it in the right place and compile it myself, which I have no clue how to do.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Nov 2004, 19:47

yeah, recompiles could be fun :D your easiest bet would be something like Visual Studio or see if Borland have something (I know they have a Java development environment)

I remember I got an open source Linux copy of that hacker game you had, but it seemed rather incomplete, what with it only having one mission that didn't complete properly!

But also in Open Source is Pingus (Lemmings but higher detail and with Penguins!), Super Mario Clone and loads more. Your best place is http://www.sourceforge.net or http://www.freshmeat.net - collectives of open source everythings!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 16 Nov 2004, 01:21

Its awsome, there are so many new features and if somethings crap/missing it just gets written in :D

They're trying to improve the AI so it doesnt build stupid roads/bridges/ keeps rebuilding

And its cool being opensource and in a common language cos everyone can contribute. Apart from me. <_<

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Nov 2004, 19:21

C++? not sure I could contribute either. I've had a quick look at it before, but I'm used to PHP (which is C++-like, I think), Java and C#! I always think it would be cool to be involved in a project like that, but the bits that are left are usually for those with really good knowledge of the program and the language :\
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 07 Dec 2004, 23:03

Its actually written in C by the way if thats any help

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Dec 2004, 21:59

plain old normal C? I stand even less chance with that! its ancient! suprised someone made an entire game out of it for open source - it is quick, but I didn't think it was the easiest of things to program in :\