Recent News Stories

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Recent News Stories

Postby TGSC at 15 Nov 2004, 15:09

seein as we've not been keepin up on current affairs here I thought I'd relay it to you.

Christopher Reeve died recently, George Dubya was re-elected and Yasser Arafat popped it the other day.

Superman and the guy keeping Hamas out of Palestinian government are dead and the big W is back, how fucked are we? :blink:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Nov 2004, 19:41

News in today makes us slightly safer (maybe) - Powel has resigned/left as Dubya's aide! Now he says he always planned it, and we can but hope that Bush will be more stupid, less able to come up with his own ideas and less likely to do something disasterous.

Other that or we're all screwed, Bush is going to do it by accident and his new advisor will be worse! :blink:
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 16 Nov 2004, 01:17

The Emperor wrote:News in today makes us slightly safer (maybe) - Powel has resigned/left as Dubya's aide! Now he says he always planned it, and we can but hope that Bush will be more stupid, less able to come up with his own ideas and less likely to do something disasterous.

Other that or we're all screwed, Bush is going to do it by accident and his new advisor will be worse! :blink:

Colin was one of the best people to be in there, he had actually experienced ware and was one of the most peaceful according to the beeb, a dove among hawks apparently.

Although John Ashcroft has gone as cheif justice or whatever :clap: This guy is in charge of US law and he is pro-death penalty, anti-abortion, ant-gay and anti-gun control, he was in Bush Srs government and involved in the Mai Lay massacre coverup

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Nov 2004, 19:16

Mai Lay? never heard of it.

But now they've replaced him with Condoleza (not a clue how you spell it) Rice - I'm sure that during the September 11th 'cover up' investigation she said she didn't know of an email that they had or something :\

I've not actually seen much about it on the news, but I'd never have put Powel as one of the quiter ones - then again that may have something to do with the whole impression of political aides of Dubya that I got from a couple of episodes of 2DTV :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)