IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Skinning Winxp

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2004, 20:16

It must be the only thing that I like about XP, but I'l enjoying skinning it at the moment :) No need for WindowBlinds or StyleXP, I just use the UXTheme hack that modifies the DLL so that "visual themes" don't have to be signed by MS any more.

If anyone else wants to do it, search for "neowin uxtheme dll" and you should find it (I think thats it). Run, reboot, download skins, extract them to win\resources\[skin name]\ and they're there for you to use :)

I use a MacOS X brushed-metal clone at work and FatalIE from StudioTwentyEight at home. I've also got a cool sketchy looking one that I might try out.

And then there are backgrounds - anyone ever tried looking on DeviantArt.com for a background? I'm sifting through Fantasy, Games, Minimalistic, Medieval, Sci-Fi and Tech and I've seen about 1000 of each and only Medieval has reached the end :o

Oh well, off we go to make XP look better :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2004, 21:30

OK, I'm giving up on my background search - DeviantArt is great for backgrounds as long as you're willing to look through lots at 24 per page! I got to offset (start image) 2496 and I'm giving up - one of the categories has backgrounds posted 50weeks ago, but another is going to go on forever and is only on ones posted about 10weeks ago!

Oh well, got a nice collection now :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Oct 2004, 08:02

Skinning all done and I've even done the icons :) Just got to finish off the replacement for my Firfox icon (based on a sketch-design found on a website) and it'll be complete :) A screenie of how it stands will be added tonight.

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 25 Oct 2004, 22:07

I've got objetdock from StarDock, I'm quite pleased with it, basically a clone of the MacOS object bar, got a load of docklets including a clock, calender, 2 weather ones (sheffield and home), and stuff that replaces taskbar; start menu, systray, volume control, power off button, battery meter but all slash graphics

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Oct 2004, 06:21

Hmmmm, still not added that screenie or finished the Firefox icon! Thats on my ToDo :)

[edit] scrap from ToDo - I put it in a separate topic didn't I :D Oh well, off to work, time I should be making my lunch!

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Oct 26 2004, 06:26 AM-->