IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Installing Winxp

Postby IBBoard at 05 Aug 2004, 18:59

I'm trying to get my computer running on wireless, but one of the config settings isn't quite right so the drivers aren't installing properly. Instead I'm installing WindowsXP for a bit (urrrgghh!!).

Redhat Linux takes 3CDs to install full documentation, the operating system, multiple graphics packages, office programs, media programs, browsers, themes, program creation and compilation utilities, a web server, ftp server, mail server, DNS server _and_ source code for huge chunks of it. It needs on floppy disk to boot up. I just found out that my CD drive won't boot to install Windows, so I went and got the boot disk program from the net - it takes 6 floppy disks to do the pre-boot before you even get to install it! Must find a copy of ThemeXP or that LiteStep or whatever it was to make Windows look better :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Installing Winxp

Postby IBBoard at 05 Aug 2004, 19:39

It gets better - XP won't even install on my computer because the 5th boot disk apparently has a corrupt file on it! I've only just downloaded the boot disk creator and I've run it twice on different sets of disks to make sure it wasn't the disk, but no, XP won't install and Linux installed perfectly fine! Good old M$
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)