First Taxes Paid

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: First Taxes Paid

Postby TGSC at 24 Jul 2004, 21:31

I did 38 hours the other week which netted me a grand total of 140 odd pound. If I earned this every week for a the whole year it would take me over the minimum trax free allowance, so the IR taxed me £12 and sent me a form saying "how much have you been earning since 6/4/03

However, Ive only been working since 22/05/04 and my avg weekly wage so far is about £47 which is well under the tax bracket so im going to claim it back

hah :clap:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Jul 2004, 14:16

No fair, after they deducted £100 cos I didn't start work until the 5th of the month I ended up with 15% taxation/NI. Still, hopefully when its a full month I'll end up with more money per month than I was expecting (maybe only by about £50 max, but its still more money :))
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 27 Aug 2004, 10:53

cos Id started paying tax, the IR sent me a form, to see what I'd been earning, which was well below the tax bracket so I got a rebate in the next paycheck

Score

However the assistant manager sent me home one weekend saying I had 16hours holiday to use up before I left ehich apparently I didn't (he told one girl that had been working there about 3 weeks she had 24hours) so I got a slightly dinted paypacket that week.

I went home ill one day as well, worked 4 1/2 hours with 1/2 hour break so I get paid 4 hours right? Wrong, apparently he thought I was "taking the p*ss" and that I was just hungover so he paid me for 3. Which he can't do no matter what reason I go home :angry:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Aug 2004, 15:34

Ah, the many joys of work :D
Got a full pay packet this month (23rd of each month, or the working day before) ended up £135.56 Tax and £78 NI! Oh well, at least whats left still seems like a good amount to me :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Logan_Grimnar

Postby Logan_Grimnar at 05 Sep 2004, 18:44

I started getting taxed as well recently, even though I'm a full time student. I didnt even get a letter asking me to fill a form in, they just started deducting it off my pay. OK it's only about 5-10% of what im earning, but thats not the point. It's the principle, i should be free from tax :(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Sep 2004, 07:58

Yeah, I don't think they do ask - they assume until you complain, that way they get more money! They're not to know that you're carrying on to Uni. I had a few problems at first cos my bank gave me a form (I got the account just before I went to Uni) and then they lost it and started charging me tax on my interest anyway! damned banks!