IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Best Albums You've Bought

Postby IBBoard at 24 Aug 2003, 18:38

I know this question might not get an answer from some of you (I know you ain't dinting the profits of the record labels really, but you know what press officers are like :D) but what is the best album you've bought recently?
Over the past week or two I've bought Placebo, Black Market Music and Without You I''m Nothing, all by Placebo. I know three or four tracks off each CD, but they are just great :) I love Placebo, weird yet musical. Would be nice to go to a gig :)
So what other albums have people got recently?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 30 Aug 2003, 11:30

I saw them live at the leeds festival this gone weekend and they were quite good. A couple of my favourite albums are Ride The Lightening by Metalica, Exterminator by Primal Scream, and Machine by Static-X they're what are stuck in my car at the moment!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Aug 2003, 17:02

Not bad, don't think I actually know that many Primal Scream songs - or not ones that I know are primal scream. Not heard much Static-X, but I like them, maybe not enough to listen to a whole album though.
But now I've just got to see if I can rip MP3s from the Placebo albums to put them on my MP3 CD player for when I go back to Uni - I know its technically illegal, but I ain't making money from it, they don't do a custom CD like I want that plays 10+ albums and I own it all anyway, so I don't see the problem with that one :) Only problem is Black Market Music says it has copy protection on it :(
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 31 Aug 2003, 11:06

Black Market Music recorded for me for my MP3 player so it should be ok, I've had a few that do that but they all worked in the end

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Sep 2003, 09:05

good :) just got to work out which albums to put on which CD though, cos I had a full MP3 CD already for last year, and I've got three Placebo albums, Evanesence and Electric (I think - could be Electronic) Volume 2, which is a double CD (all the great 80s New Wave, Synth and Electronic :))
Oh well, still got about three weeks to rip, rearrange and burn :)

Bap

Postby Bap at 03 Sep 2003, 16:39

Meat Loaf - Couldn't Have Said It Better.

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 28 Jun 2004, 21:16

I recently bought RATM - battle for Los Angeles and Green Day - Dookie dirt cheap at Music Zone and I got Less than Jake - Loosers Kings... and Flogging Molly - Swagger but Loosers isnt as good as I thought it would be.

I'm looking to get the soundtrack for Pulp fiction after I smashed my last one and had to get a refund, The Beatles Red, White and Blue albums and possibly Less than Jakes Goodby Blue and white but I'm not sure.

Might also be getting a CD of munkey punch for £5

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2004, 21:17

Slick bit of advertising there :D
Bought Four Star Mary's Welcome Home album a while ago. Its the one from the tour me and TGSC went to see in Manchester. It was only a little venue and it was great :)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 06 Jul 2004, 20:27

Everyone FIND A HMV! The summer sale is cool.

Went out and picked up RHCP - Californication, Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Resivour dogs soundtrack and Dogma DVD for just over £30

:clap:

Bap

Postby Bap at 18 Jul 2004, 15:51

Got The Calling's new album Two the other day it rules! :D

Anny

Postby Anny at 19 Jul 2004, 08:50

Got Skate to Hell....a Skate Punk collection...pretty cool :D

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 19 Jul 2004, 09:19

TGSC wrote:Everyone FIND A HMV! The summer sale is cool.

Went out and picked up RHCP - Californication, Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Resivour dogs soundtrack and Dogma DVD for just over £30

:clap:

shocking, found Californication and BSSM in Reading WHSmiths for 5.99, our smiths soesnt even have them :(

Anny: was a bit dissapointed with skate to hell, not a bad album tho

Picked up Tsunami Bomb - Ultimate Escape yesterday, first time Id seen it in a shop, so P&P free and I get 10% NUS discount :clap: