Dvd Dilema!

Bap

RE: Dvd Dilema!

Postby Bap at 05 Aug 2003, 13:50

Okay which of the following box set's do you think I should collect after I finished my Ally McBeal Collection?

Futurama.
Simpsons.
X-Files.
Farscape.
Buffy.
Red Dwarf.
Bottom.

I would like to colect them all in time but which would you personally pick and why?

I think X-Files as I used to watch when I was a child and loved it then. Next Bottom but Bottom doesn't come out till September I think.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Aug 2003, 10:40

I say scrap the Ally McBeal collection and get Red Dwarf :) or Buffy - although I think there are more Buffy DVDs and I think they are probably more expensive - plus you probably don't get the "Smeg Ups" :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 06 Aug 2003, 18:49

The x files has loads of dvds as well (been goin for about 10 years). I'd get futerama

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 06 Aug 2003, 18:53

is the red dwarf set finished.. i only have series 1 + 2.. didn't think the rest were all out! I would go for the X-Files.. I loved the first few seasons of the show!

Bap

Postby Bap at 06 Aug 2003, 21:43

f*ck you Ally McBeal rawks!!!

Anyway Season 3 of Futurama is out and Season 4 is coming out soon.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Aug 2003, 12:16

Bap wrote:...rawks!!!...

*shakes head* its like having our own resident mini-mosher :D
But I read one synopsis of an Ally McBeal episode, and it instantly sounded like a soap. Granted Friends probably does, but thats about a group of friends and not a group of lawyers or whoever the heck is in McBeal.
And as for Red Dwarf, last I heard (several months ago from a friend at Uni) the set wasn't complete - he had 'copies' of every episode, with all the available DVDs, and he wanted to get the rest on DVD
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Bap

Postby Bap at 09 Aug 2003, 06:06

The humor on freind's is unlike that on Ally McBeal. Friend's humor is crap and wel childish really. Not my thing I prefer Ally McBeal humor any day I also love the story line's and deep meaning behind cases.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Aug 2003, 13:48

Bap wrote:Friend's humor is ... childish really.

Thats kinda why I like it :D its just good old stupidity humour - and Joey doing daft things humour.
As for deep and meaningful - TVs entertainment, I don't like it deep and meaningful :D