Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Se7en

Postby IBBoard at 11 Jul 2003, 09:13

Anyone watch it last night?
Kinda strange film, but I liked it :)
For those who don't know what it is, its basically an American police man about to retire until they get some nutcase who decides he wants to recreate the "Seven Deadly Sins" by punishing the person using their sin and the writings of Dantes Inferno, so the fat guy was fed to death, the greedy lawyer had to give a pound of his flesh etc.
Dunno why, but things like that and the Apocalypse are the only parts of religious stories that interest me :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Jul 2003, 09:21

hehehehe yeah it was pretty good... I remember the first time I watched... and thought the film was brilliant (but that may have something to do with the fact I was very young lol) I still don't reckon the druggie would have been alive after all that time though, that was a wee bit dodgy... if he was so bad and a flash of light could kill him from shcok, you'd think they'd judt do it and put him out of his misery!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Jul 2003, 20:14

hmmm, possible that the doctor was exagerating a bit, especially when he had his eyes closed and suddenly jumped up and kinda choked - I'd have thought that would have killed his system more than a flashlight (why can't americans call them torches like normal people? :D)
The end was clever though - he was a true psychopath :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 13 Jul 2003, 09:40

yeah.... pretty clever but when you've seen the film a lot of times it doesn't really seem too brilliant but I still enjoyed it.... the guys house was weird with the whole no fingerprints on it etc.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jul 2003, 12:52

yeah, what kind of strange guy slices off the tips of his own fingers regularly?! surely that fingerprint burning thing from Men in Black would have been easier :D
But were the last crimes in keeping with the rest of it? The fat man was killed because of gluttony through gluttony, the greedy lawyer was forced to pay for his greed with a pound of flesh, like it apparently says in Dantes Inferno, the sloth guy was tied down to his bed so that he couldn't do anything, and so on, but the envious guy was killed by the wrathful guy, which doesn't quite seem the same

But is it just me, or is God hypocritical? Wrath is one of the deadly sins, and yet you can get zapped by lightning or whatever due to the "wrath of God" :D

Bap

Postby Bap at 13 Jul 2003, 18:43

Se7en is one of the all time classics man! Tis brill!

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 13 Jul 2003, 22:32

yes another classic was Fight Club.... that ending was great!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jul 2003, 13:14

Dunno, I think I liked 12 Monkeys best as a Brad Pitt appearance - he acted the nutcase so well :D