IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: 24

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jun 2003, 09:03

OK, I've got the Freeview Digital, so I watched episode 18 of 24 last night, as well as Pure24 afterwards.

If you're only on the terestrial version and don;t want to know what happens in the next episode, don't read any further.

Spoilers

(Really must re-install that Spoiler hack)

When the find where the two AIF files that were used to make the Cyprus Recording are found, I can kinda see a couple of problems (one suggested by Horus, the other probably being a plot line).
Firstly, from Horus last night, if the chip was under his skin, then how the hell was he planning on getting the info to Jack once he had taken off? The memory chip thing needs to be read by something, so it needs to be physically given to Jack (or wrenched out from his chest :D)
Secondly, with the way solid state meory like that works, surely the three hits from the defrib machine will have corrupted or trashed it? But then again that would make sense as to why he was trying to tell Jack where they were before he died, so that it wouldn't get fried. My idea there is that the chip is only partly fried and that the plot line is that they are trying to retrieve as much as they can and then convince the Chiefs of Staff with whatever they can rescue from the chip

End spoiler

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jun 23 2003, 09:03 AM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 25 Jun 2003, 20:38

as someone commented on the 24 boards, the electric wouldnt pass near the bottom of his lungs, just across his heart between the two paddles, other wise it would fry your brain too

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Jun 2003, 21:14

Why, then, was the other foreign agent guy pulling the chip apart? It was a standard memory stick, and shouldn't need anything doing to it. But with 6 hours to go, there has got to be something weird about the chip :\
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 16 Jul 2004, 13:00

ack, why hasnt the new series started on terrestrial tv yet, Im getting impatient

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Jul 2004, 14:55

The third series has only just finished on sky - damn me getting NTL just as the series ends!

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 24 Jul 2004, 21:16

well dont spoil it for the rest of us if oyu see any spoilers

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Jul 2004, 14:13

It was a replay of the last one last night - and I've been trying to avoid the spoilers myself. Can't actually remember anything I've seen on the adverts apart from the fact that I was trying to mute it once and couldn't find mute on the NTL remote!