IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Terry Pratchett

Postby IBBoard at 15 Jun 2001, 22:29

Does anyone else here read the Discworld series of books by Terry Pratchett?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 18 Jun 2001, 17:48

yep i've read all the books except the newest one, i'll be getting that for by Birthday.....

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jun 2001, 20:35

Quote: from The Emperor on 6:48 pm on June 18, 2001
yep i've read all the books except the newest one, i'll be getting that for by Birthday.....
<p>Thief of Time?
I have read some of them.  I am currently nearly finishing Lords and Ladies.  My favourite so far is difficult to say.  I have loved them all :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 22 Oct 2002, 00:14

i have read all of them (plus own allmost all of them about 5 to go), apart from the newest The Last Hero... it's a piture book, and I dont want to read it incase it destroys my version of the Discworld lol... plus it's too big to fit in with my collection (which are all the paperback versions apart from a couple)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Oct 2002, 18:34

IMO "The Last Hero" is quite good. It doesn't destroy my idea of Discworld - it involves the Gods in Dunnmanifsting acting just as you expect they would do, Cohen being as mad as usual and Leanardo di Whosity with more of his mad-cap inventions that he designs with peaceful intention and with great detail.
Completely different from the rest of the books (being very illustrated), but a nice distraction from the usual settings and characters :)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 26 Oct 2002, 13:51

i think it's da Quirm or something like that (the inventors 2nd name)... I dunno... if I do read it, then i'll get it from the library as I cant be bothered buying a book that big.. i havent the shelf/cupboard space. Hehehe Jinog was pretty cool... it had his version of a submarine...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Oct 2002, 15:52

Ah, the submarine, I think I remember that now :) Nobby and the Sarge along with da Quirm (I remembered his name too now you mentioned it :D) and the Patrician off in a sub - which was scarily stupid because it was a ship that was designed to sink!

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 27 Oct 2002, 20:35

it may have been stupid lol but how else would they do it... and just a quick question, did the patrician manage to get the donkey to turn round on the staicase ?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Oct 2002, 19:33

Did the Patrician get the donkey to turn around? I dunno. From what I remember he got it back down again, and he doesn't seem like someone willing to lift a donkey down the stairs, so I assume he did. Although I can't remember in detail what happened, just vague recollections of donkeys, patricians and staircases.

(At least we have one forum that keeps getting posts :D)